IGNORED

Tank Command - Froggo

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

How much do you think Tank Command with the instructions is worth? I am just curious because I have not seen one in awhile on eBay. I think it is actually a pretty neat game and enjoy playing it. I find it difficult though. Froggo made some crappy 2600 games though, I have all of them in fact all I need to complete my "Froggo Collection" is a Task Force box and a Tank Command box...good luck with that, right? ;)

I will be listing a complete Tank Command on eBay in the next day or so.  I know I paid $60+ for my loose Tank Command.  Hopefully I will get a good price.

I got mine at a great price! Just over $30.00 on eBay and it was with 7 other games and all had instructions with a Atari brown binder case that holds 8 games. I was happy to get Tank Command for such a good price with the instructions and it is in excellent condition. I do wish I had a box for it though just because I am trying to totally complete the Froggo collection for some reason...so close just two more boxes! Anyway, I have not seen a Tank Command in a little while and it is a game that does not come around often. This is a great discussion about the rarity guide, this is the same as Water Ski which I got for about $20.00 new and I see it on eBay a lot, even found one here at the flea market in Phoenix for a dollar. Sold it because I already had one but it is harder to find than Water Ski. I might bring this up in a new category at the rarity forum but I don't want to make too many waves, I am still new here but I like it! :D

I think Water Ski is still pretty rare, but the rarity has gone down because one person owns a couple of cases of this game. He has slowly been selling the game over the last couple of years on eBay. Tank Command is a lot harder to find. The three games that I had the most difficulty finding was Tank Command, Ikari, and Alien Brigade.

I always hate to say this when the subject comes up..

.. but I got my Tank Command with instructions for one measly dollah. :D

A Great Find! Congrats! :D

Now, how about that box...What are the chances of me finding a Tank Command box only. I should just forget about it. :(

Yes, Tank Command is the rarest game to find COMPLETE in the 7800 scene... when I was looking in 1999. I bought my complete copy with box and instructions for around $100. It was the highest priced game in my 7800 collection. If you only have the cart and instructions, it's not worth nearly as much. If you have the cart alone, that's considerably less desirable. The varying conditions have to be taken into account as well. You could find one with the box and instructions that I would not find comparable to mine.

i know price is not the same as rarity, but look at the price difference in the two recent auctions: boxed water ski-$13.95, boxed tank command-$74. i have always thought tank command was much harder to find than water ski.

what is the most anyone has seen a "production release" game for the atari 7800 sell for? i once sold a shrinkwrapped titlematch pro wrestling on ebay for over $200. i don't think i have noticed anything sell for more than that.