IGNORED

Ikari Warriors eprom dump

jer10571

20 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I checked all these platforms (incl. Arcade) via screenshots and videos and found no match. 

Interesting.  7800 prototype maybe?  Is there any way to tell what system it might have gone with by the code?

47 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Interesting.  7800 prototype maybe?  Is there any way to tell what system it might have gone with by the code?

As far as I can tell, there is no code in this ROM. And why would they change the font at all?

Attached is a file showing all the graphics data, maybe you can spot something.

millipede-char-rom.asm

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

45 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

As far as I can tell, there is no code in this ROM. And why would they change the font at all?

Attached is a file showing all the graphics data, maybe you can spot something.

millipede-char-rom.asm 408.41 kB · 1 download

Nothing that I can see.  How unusual.

I got the second batch of EPROMs and none of them look like the Atari ones. They are different manufacturers mostly as well. I will post a pic in a bit but it looks like it may be the end of the road for these unless someone else bought some before I cleaned out their stock.

Mitch

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I got the second batch of EPROMs and none of them look like the Atari ones. They are different manufacturers mostly as well. I will post a pic in a bit but it looks like it may be the end of the road for these unless someone else bought some before I cleaned out their stock.

Mitch

I think it was just incredibly lucky we got as many as we did.   I wonder if there's any way to contact them and see if they're willing to look for EPROMs that have those kinds of labels?

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

…got the second batch of EPROMs and…it looks like it may be the end of the road for these…

Mitch

Well, it was absolutely worth the chance. And we would have been wondering “what if” had none of us pursued it. You deserve thanks and praise for doing it.

I would have bought some myself so you wouldn’t have taken the brunt of the expense involved, but I’m drowning in 2764’s. Massively overstocked, so they would have been useless to me. I hope you didn’t take too much of a hit and that you can eventually use them.

This is definitely a story for the history books.

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least now we know. Still, I think it's cool we were able to get our hands on these..

That being said, I'll need to either order different ones, or erase the ones I have for a project. If anyone want's the one's I have, I'll trade 1 for 1 for some already blank 2764's, each pay our own shipping.

Honestly, I don't really collect anything like this so knowing myself, eventually I'll erase them and reuse them for something.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 1:48 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

image.png.14a86278be422bff75a20e76958c5d97.png

"0", "8", "E" and "G" are also different. But then, many other, quite distinctive chars match, e.g. "3", "S", "M" and "W". Maybe they were experimenting with font variations?

Highly likely this is an arcade rom. Some arcade programmers initials in there. FXL = Franz Lanzinger. ED = Ed Logg. MEC = Mark Cerny.

John

• Like 1