IGNORED

SIO2MIDI-S2 3D Print Case

Fierodoug5

@Fierodoug5 would you be interested in designing a drive bay face plate for a 1450XL? I've been admiring your various 3D printed cases, and have a friend @KLund1 that is trying to fully restore a 1450XL that is missing this piece and needs someone that is good at 3D design to produce the STLs for this. I believe there are others who could use this as well. If you are interested could you please PM @KLund1 ?

atari_1450_xld.jpg

EDIT: I know @Mr Robot would be a very good choice for this project as well, but I believe his real job has become very demanding of his time lately.

BTW, would it be ok if I post your STLs for the SIO2MIDI S2 on the MIDI page of my website?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mytek said:

@Fierodoug5 would you be interested in designing a drive bay face plate for a 1450XL? I've been admiring your various 3D printed cases, and have a friend @KLund1 that is trying to fully restore a 1450XL that is missing this piece and needs someone that is good at 3D design to produce the STLs for this. I believe there are others who could use this as well. If you are interested could you please PM @KLund1 ?

atari_1450_xld.jpg

EDIT: I know @Mr Robot would be a very good choice for this project as well, but I believe his real job has become very demanding of his time lately.

BTW, would it be ok if I post your STLs for the SIO2MIDI S2 on the MIDI page of my website?

Yeah, Mr robot would be my choice for that. It would be tough to do without the computer in front of me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Yeah, Mr robot would be my choice for that. It would be tough to do without the computer in front of me.

Agreed. And unfortunately we are talking several states apart for shipping, which I wouldn't trust for something so rare and valuable.

So if I've got this story right. Because these units were all prototypes used for experimentation and development, most all of them are missing that piece -- assuming they even had a case at all.