IGNORED

MakeDisk Shell for MS-DOS

rcamp48

Hi Everyone: I have more or less solved the problem of copying many files such as MIDI files to the Atari ST form a Windows 98 computer with a DOS boot disk. I am enclosing both the executable and the source code for my shell for Makedisk.

For those of you who also want to make up a Windows 98 Machine, I am enclosing an ISO for Windows 98 SE, and a boot disk to start it up.

Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (4.10.2222) (Retail Full).7z

Windows 98 Startup Disk with full CDROM and USB Drive Support.imz

MakeDisk Shell For DOS (Includes Makedisk).imz

Later on all of the .ST files will be uploaded, they are about 60 720 K floppies with around 900 MIDI files for the Atari ST

Thank you for creating such a program even after 25 years...

Just so you know anyone who tries to (accidentially) read an ST formatted floppy in WIndows 98's File Explorer, Windows will try to "fix" the disk before saying it's in an unreadable format.  But then that disk becomes unreadable even in MakeDisk so you may as well reformat it as a blank.

I've lost a couple of really good ST software trying to use on emualtors in Windows 98, so I've run MakeDisk under the DOS prompt box in full screen mode.

12 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

Thank you for creating such a program even after 25 years...

Just so you know anyone who tries to (accidentially) read an ST formatted floppy in WIndows 98's File Explorer, Windows will try to "fix" the disk before saying it's in an unreadable format.  But then that disk becomes unreadable even in MakeDisk so you may as well reformat it as a blank.

I've lost a couple of really good ST software trying to use on emualtors in Windows 98, so I've run MakeDisk under the DOS prompt box in full screen mode.

Just use the boot disk that I have created on a laptop if you have one ... I also will have 60 MIDI didks , each one has a listof what is on it as a text file.