IGNORED

Yurkie's TigerVision Atari 2600 Collection

Yurkie

I have been trying to get a complete TigerVision Collection. I am basing my list on Al's list here

https://atariage.com/software_list.php?SystemID=2600&searchValue=&searchCompanyID=35&searchRegion=N&searchTvFormat=ALL&searchRarity=ALL&searchLabel=&orderByValue=Ascending&recordsPerPage=100&searchType=NORMAL&Submit=Begin+Search

I currently only have 3 in hand Jawbreaker, King Kong and Miner 2049'er. I bought Marauder, Springer (hard to find the NTSC), Polaris (Green Label), Threshold on Ebay yesterday. Please feel free to post any comments about your opinions on any of these games (game play, art, cart ...ect)

20230225_095258.jpg

20230225_095354.jpg

20230225_095330.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yurkie said:

Here is something I found interesting as far as rarity goes. Why are there currently 4 listings for CIBs of Espial, but no loose carts.

search : tigervision 2600

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1312&_nkw=tigervision+2600&_sacat=0

That is strange, as is those two King Kong cartridges in the white cases.  I thought King Kong only came in the blue case, with three or four label variations, but I thought the case was always the same.

I always felt Espial was rarer than a six, but I am not a Tigervision expert.  Most of my Tigervision games came from buying the all the Tigervision games and manuals (sans River Patrol) from @bfstats in one go.  I think I only had King Kong and Jawbreaker before that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

That is strange, as is those two King Kong cartridges in the white cases.  I thought King Kong only came in the blue case, with three or four label variations, but I thought the case was always the same.

I always felt Espial was rarer than a six, but I am not a Tigervision expert.  Most of my Tigervision games came from buying the all the Tigervision games and manuals (sans River Patrol) from @bfstats in one go.  I think I only had King Kong and Jawbreaker before that.

So you have a complete TigerVision collection other than River Patrol?

Watch for broken prongs (the ones that push open the 2600's dust flap) on these carts.  I've had several Tigervision carts, especially the red ones, with busted prongs.  Don't know if that's due to weak plastic or poor alignment, but it is an issue.

Gameplay-wise, I enjoyed most of the Tigervision releases, though the Atari 800 releases are generally superior to the 2600 ones.  I have them all except River Patrol, mostly just loose carts but a couple with boxes and few others with manuals..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yurkie said:

Are you going for all of them graded?  I do not know how much you paid for this, but I hope all those price charting websites do not show this as an $850 sale.  The page says best offer accepted, you would hope that those sites do not use this as a price data point of $850 for a graded copy, but they probably will.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

Are you going for all of them graded?  I do not know how much you paid for this, but I hope all those price charting websites do not show this as an $850 sale.  The page says best offer accepted, you would hope that those sites do not use this as a price data point of $850 for a graded copy, but they probably will.

Not going for a graded set, in bought this as a novelty. I will likely have a CIB collection minus River Patrol and this will be the Polaris in the collection.

• Like 1

I have a complete CIB Tigervision collection. The exception is my River Patrol box is a Repro. The cart and manual  are legit. 

About Espial, I don't know what it is about Espial carts rarely coming up loose. My Espial CIB was built in parts. I originally had just bought a Repro box never thinking I was ever gonna find a CIB for a reasonable price. 

I ended up winning a Cart and Manual on eBay that it turned out was from someone that I knew. I didn't know of their eBay name at the time. Then a close collector friend upgraded his Espial CIB and offered me his box. I think he 

sold the cart and manual to someone else. (He is a REALLY good friend) I also got my River Patrol from him. 

About King Kong white shells. I believe that the white shell Kongs are PAL variations. I bid on one out of curiosity and for the novelty of the variation and while it was DOA it was inexpensive, and if I remember correctly it shipped from Saudi Arabia so it is/was likely PAL. 

The only thing at this point that I am still looking for in Tigervision is a loose Blue End Label Polaris. 

I am missing 2 or 3 plastic cart trays for my CIBs> 

It's definitely a tough set to complete loose and nearly impossible to complete CIB.  

Photo Feb 25 2023, 11 40 32 AM.jpg

• Like 8

Tigervision titles are interesting.  Seems like they run pricier than most other companies in general.  I have a complete set minus River Patrol.  A little over half boxed.   I can’t see me ever being able to pick up a River Patrol, but who knows?  I’ve been lucky with other ultra pricey items from time to time.  Still looking…..

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 9:22 AM, Yurkie said:

Here is something I found interesting as far as rarity goes. Why are there currently 4 listings for CIBs of Espial, but no loose carts.

search : tigervision 2600

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1312&_nkw=tigervision+2600&_sacat=0

The game is rarer loose. I think it's because somebody found a few cases of NEW ones about 20 years back and sold them to collectors for $40 each.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 12:02 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I've got them all loose only minus Espial and Springer. I might have a manual for one or two of them but I don't keep nearly as good a track of the manual side of the collection as I do the games themselves. 

Please tell me I’m not the only one keeping manuals in three ring binders. I have nearly all of the manuals for the carts in my collection.  I still enjoy reading them and some of their artwork is really cool.

I have Espial, Jawbreaker, King Kong, Polaris and Threshold. Espial is my only CIB, the others are lose with manuals except for KK (no manual).

• Like 2