IGNORED

Atari ST/STE/Mega ST/STE Keyboard caps and stems being 3D printed at the moment.

rcamp48

Hello all , so far I have managed to redesign a key cap from someone on Thingiverse (Will get his thingiverse name in a few moments), but I took the key cap with the number 2 on it, made a blank out of it and redesigned with Tinkercad 3 keys so far. I intend to  3D print the entire keyboard and just give them away as the filament and $4000 3D Cubicon printer were donated as well as over 25 boxes of retro hardware including an Atari ST with color monitor , Megafile 60, and 1040 STM. 

Because of this Kirk Rietfeld from Kitchener gets all of the credit including the original author of the 2 keypad. 

Here are the STLs for the Escape key, the 1 key and the 2 key, print hem at 40 mm per sec , spiralized contours, and 60 percent infill, use support as well for the stem, and a raft to keep it all still.....

Russ Campbell

Atari Key Cap Esc.stlAtari 1 Key Cap.stlAtari keycap Blank (1).stl Atari ST 2 Key Cap.stl  Atari_ST_Key_Stem_4399603.zip

Edited by rcamp48
adding link
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2023 at 12:40 PM, rcamp48 said:

Hello all , so far I have managed to redesign a key cap from someone on Thingiverse (Will get his thingiverse name in a few moments), but I took the key cap with the number 2 on it, made a blank out of it and redesigned with Tinkercad 3 keys so far. I intend to  3D print the entire keyboard and just give them away as the filament and $4000 3D Cubicon printer were donated as well as over 25 boxes of retro hardware including an Atari ST with color monitor , Megafile 60, and 1040 STM. 

Because of this Kirk Rietfeld from Kitchener gets all of the credit including the original author of the 2 keypad. 

Here are the STLs for the Escape key, the 1 key and the 2 key, print hem at 40 mm per sec , spiralized contours, and 60 percent infill, use support as well for the stem, and a raft to keep it all still.....

Russ Campbell

Atari Key Cap Esc.stl 172.35 kB · 32 downloads Atari 1 Key Cap.stl 262.19 kB · 31 downloads Atari keycap Blank (1).stl 54.67 kB · 36 downloads   Atari ST 2 Key Cap.stl 446.27 kB · 38 downloads    Atari_ST_Key_Stem_4399603.zip 722.83 kB · 32 downloads

Nice!  I need a Y Key for my Falcon, as it seems I have one from a non-Qwerty keyboard.  looks like perhaps the ESC key may have the correct angle / size for that one.

Apparently not!  Would need one from that second row...

Edited by leech