IGNORED

Q bert developer has gone MIA, Artist presumed dead in car crash.

Trinity32

Don't know whether to post this here or in current events.

On an episode of the 8 Bit Guy covering the Vic, he makes mention of a Q-bert remake for the vic. I just found out that the original programmer has stopped working on the game (sold his stuff) and the guy in charge of graphics may or may not have died in a car accident. To this day, he is listed MIA. Brighty (said programmer) lost all his work and as mentioned, went underground, selling his stuff. 

is there any truth to this? or is it a rumor? Can anyone verify the information?

Q*Bert (Commodore Vic 20) - Games That Weren't (gamesthatwerent.com)

No idea about Brighty, but Saehn went missing after that car crash. He was greatly missed on the C64 scene, and while some had hope he would show up after a while, most likely he died but the body never was found.

For that matter, I made a 1 kilobyte (VIQ*Bert) version of Q*Bert for the 2002 MiniGame compo which looks a bit squashed, but possibly no worse than Parker Bros' cartridge version. First I made a prototype in BASIC that was 1816 bytes, then I rewrote it in machine code for 1006 bytes.

• Like 1

That is because I don't pay extra for SSL and haven't bothered to set up my free certificate. The site is safe though. Since I have no logins or financial transactions, there is no real need for https except that Google has decided that https is cool while http is something for criminals.

• Like 3

@carlsson - I see an error for Anders as well. It occurs in both Safari and Firefox:

Warning: require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/storage/content/19/145819/phpinclude/common.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/storage/content/19/145819/anders.sfks.se/:/storage/configuration/wrappers/19/145819/anders.sfks.se/:/tmp/) in /storage/content/19/145819/anders.sfks.se/public_html/index.php on line 7 Warning: require(/storage/content/19/145819/phpinclude/common.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /storage/content/19/145819/anders.sfks.se/public_html/index.php on line 7 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'common.php' (include_path='/storage/content/19/145819/anders.sfks.se/public_html/phpinclude:.:/usr/local/php56/lib/php:/storage/content/19/145819/pear/php') in /storage/content/19/145819/anders.sfks.se/public_html/index.php on line 7

Aha. I misread "Anders" as a reference to me on the forum, not the website as such. Yes, the rules for including PHP from outside the web root was changed 3-4 years ago and I haven't bothered fixing that as well.

I thought you got a warning about unsafe site...

• Like 1