IGNORED

Illusions and Scarfinger T-Carts on reddit

BigDumer

Did anyone see the post on reddit with the guy who found T-Carts for Illusions and Scarfinger?

My father used to be the exclusive importer of video games by Colecovision, Intellevision and Sega in the good old days (for a country in Europe). He gave me these two games when I was a kid and he explained that they were test copies given only to internal staff members of one of these companies

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigDumer said:

Hmm ... Let me see ... I think I can help him identify the cartridges:

The one on the left is Illusions.  The one on the right is Scarfinger.

Not too hard.  For future reference, the label sort of gives it away. :)

Glad I could help.  You are welcomed!

dZ.

• Haha 3

Hello,

I am the owner of those two games and the original poster on Reddit. As I explained, my father used to be the exclusive importer of Intellevision, Colecovision and Sega in the 80s in Italy. He gave me those two games when I was a kid and explained that they were test games given to him by the headquarters of Intellevision. I recall playing those games on my Intellevision. Those two cartridges have been carefully stored (among other things from my past) in my mom's closet.

I think I still have an Intellevision console in my garage back in Italy (I now live in the US). Next time I visit my home country, I will definitely see if I can find the console. Should I just test these games as well? I read somewhere that some games were made on special chips that can get erased if inserted in a normal console?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, botolo86 said:

Hello,

I am the owner of those two games and the original poster on Reddit. As I explained, my father used to be the exclusive importer of Intellevision, Colecovision and Sega in the 80s in Italy. He gave me those two games when I was a kid and explained that they were test games given to him by the headquarters of Intellevision. I recall playing those games on my Intellevision. Those two cartridges have been carefully stored (among other things from my past) in my mom's closet.

I think I still have an Intellevision console in my garage back in Italy (I now live in the US). Next time I visit my home country, I will definitely see if I can find the console. Should I just test these games as well? I read somewhere that some games were made on special chips that can get erased if inserted in a normal console?

I'm not aware of any such chips existing for the Intellivision's era of hardware.

If you're deeply concerned, I (and other folks) have equipment that can extract data directly from the chips.  This could be done using a EEPROM programmer or maybe with the AtariMax cartridge dumper.

• Like 3

My plan is to check and see if I still have the Intellevision once I am back in Italy next time (most likely July). If so, I'll test the cartridges to see if they still work. If I can't find the Intellevision, I'll bring the cartridges with me here in the U.S. for further testing.

Were these two games released or are these cartridges storing never released games?

They were never officially released.  However, someone found unreleased versions of the games and sold them as homebrew games.  No idea if the sold versions are identical to the versions you have.  Sometimes there are differences between different copies of games never officially released.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, botolo86 said:

My plan is to check and see if I still have the Intellevision once I am back in Italy next time (most likely July). If so, I'll test the cartridges to see if they still work. If I can't find the Intellevision, I'll bring the cartridges with me here in the U.S. for further testing.

Were these two games released or are these cartridges storing never released games?

There are many Intellivision collectors in Italy. Maybe one of them lives nearby your home and offering you help in testing and identifying the games.

• Like 3

ILLUSIONS (Unreleased)
Cartridge Instructions
(For 1 player)

Prepare yourself for a journey into a most unusual fantasy. A kingdom where
nothing is as it seems. A land where the usual is unusual. Take a good look--then
look again. It's a place. It's a time. It's a state of mind. Illusions -- it's
all done with mirrors!

Legend has it that Gleebs, (Amoeba-like creatures) learned this from the masters,
their mentors, their teachers: "The Kingdom of Lizards In the Mirror Dimension is
where Gleebs shall hold Their yearly convention".

When time comes to leave this structure surreal, the Gleebs must escape, though
there is no door. Just stairs going nowhere, And time running out... They must
pass through the glass as one Gleeb--not more.

Gleebs jump up or down and can change direction; When they meet, they meld, And
two become one. Their union is strong, They keep moving along And all late
arrivals must join in the fun.

Soon lizards may enter to add to the tension. Their touch brings frustration as
more Gleebs appear. But there is one known method Of reptile prevention... A
liquid-filled beaker, Crystalline clear.

Those liquefied lizards are put on "suspension"; They change into fish, flopping
in place. That's the cue for the Gleebs to go for extension. Contact a fish To
add time to the race.

What's not fish is fowl- (In this kingdom that's fair). When a bird glides above
them The Gleebs must beware. If one happens to meet it The result is a crime;
there's egg on their faces, The Gleebs lose some time.

At last, through the mirror! Is a haven at hand? No! The Gleeb finds itself In a
weird, cubic land. The objective now is more Gleebs, not less. It takes four to
escape By the mirrored egress.

If the Gleebs want out with all of their heart, the answer is simple: They must
stay apart. To split, they must split (which makes sense, if you ponder), In
order to get through that looking-glass yonder.

When one group of Gleebs flees each mirrored maze, A new crew convenes In the
Kingdom's first phase. Use the clues in these verses To help them get free.

PRESS RESET BUTTON: Title will appear on TV screen.

SELECT LEVEL Press any button or disc and the option to enter the level appears.
All odd entries start on the Mirror Dimension screen. All even entries start on
the Cube Maze screen. The higher the number selected, the more difficult the
level.

GAME CONTROLS

DISC makes the Gleebs change the direction in which they are traveling. Press
DISC up to make the Gleebs go up ramps. Press the DISC down to make the Gleebs go
down ramps.

SIDE BUTTONS

On the Mirror Dimension Screen:

The Upper side buttons makes the Gleeb jump up when it reaches a jump point.

The Lower side Button makes the Gleeb jump down when it reaches a jump point.

On the Cubic Maze: Pressing any side button makes the Gleeb split when it reaches
a separation point.

NOTE: In this game, side button presses are held "in memory". A Gleeb will not
jump up or down. or split, until it is at a jump point or a separation point.
Then the game "remembers" the side button press and the jump or separation
occurs.

Points scored are shown on the Scoring Screen at the completion of each round.

Players score 10 points for every second of time remaining on the timer, at the
completion of a round.

Players score 50 bonus points each time a Gleeb is combined or separated.

At all Skill Levels. players start with five minutes on the timer. Additional
time can be earned by contacting a fish. Time can be lost by contacting a bird. A
game is over when the timer runs out.

• Like 1