IGNORED

More LTO Flash Problems... UGH!!!

So I just loaded the drivers hoping that would help and NOPE same old same old... I uninstalled the LTO Flash software and then re-installed it. The same LAME ass result. The LTO Flash software tries to boot up and then it just shows a blank dialog box. Not sure what else to do at this point. I couldn't be more disappointed in the LTO Flash. I can't use it for what I'm supposed to be using it for which is installing more roms onto it. I am using Windows 10. Not sure if that's the issue or what? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thx

Edited by Rickster8

5 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

So I just loaded the drivers hoping that would help and NOPE same old same old... I uninstalled the LTO Flash software and then re-installed it. The same LAME ass result. The LTO Flash software tries to boot up and then it just shows a blank dialog box. Not sure what else to do at this point. I couldn't be more disappointed in the LTO Flash. I can't use it for what I'm supposed to be using it for which is installing more roms onto it. I am using Windows 10. Not sure if that's the issue or what? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thx

I've seen it mentioned in this forum that the LTO Flash! can be finicky with the USB cable used, that you have to make sure it is a "data" cable or else it may not work.

I have no idea if this is your problem, but it may be something to start with ...

dZ.

• Like 1

I assume you've read thoroughly through the documentation here:  http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/

Have you installed the FTDI drivers? 

Have you turned off all other unneeded services? 

Do you have any aftermarket Virus software, such as AVG, running?  (My initial guess would be this last one is the source of your troubles.)

Are you having issues installing/running the LTO Flash software on your PC, or issues with connection/communication with the LTO Cart, once the software running on your PC?

I successfully used the LTO Flash software/cart with no problems on my previous Win 10 computer.  I just recently (2 weeks ago) updated to a new Win 10 computer.  I simply installed the LTO Flash software via running the "Setup" application, and the software runs no problem.  I couldn't however communicate with the cart, so I then installed the FTDI drivers, and now perfect...everything works as it should.  

9 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

I've seen it mentioned in this forum that the LTO Flash! can be finicky with the USB cable used, that you have to make sure it is a "data" cable or else it may not work.

I have no idea if this is your problem, but it may be something to start with ...

dZ.

I'm just using the cable that came in the box, but at the  oment that isn't the problem because the software (user interface) doesn't boot up properly.... So right now it's the LTO Flash Software..... 

3 hours ago, ls650 said:

I assume you've read thoroughly through the documentation here:  http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/

Do you have any aftermarket Virus software, such as AVG, running?  (My initial guess would be this last one is the source of your troubles.)

Yes I installed the drivers. Haven't closed everything else out I suppose that would help, lol but it won't help me I'm sure... :( 

It's a work computer so there could be some sort of anti-virus but I get no warnings or anything so probably not my reason for the software not booting up.... But who knows? 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, doubledown said:

Are you having issues installing/running the LTO Flash software on your PC, or issues with connection/communication with the LTO Cart, once the software running on your PC?

I successfully used the LTO Flash software/cart with no problems on my previous Win 10 computer.  I just recently (2 weeks ago) updated to a new Win 10 computer.  I simply installed the LTO Flash software via running the "Setup" application, and the software runs no problem.  I couldn't however communicate with the cart, so I then installed the FTDI drivers, and now perfect...everything works as it should.  

Yes the issue right now is the software not running. It tries to boot up and then I just get a blank dialog box. I cannot even get to the point of trying to hook up the LTO Flash cart to my PC because the Software won't boot up properly. I'm sure I would have cable issues if the software worked correctly, but again that's not the case right now..... I uninstalled the LTO Flash Software and then re-installed it and same result. I installed the drivers too.... Yes everyone tells me running the drivers has worked magic for them and this might have helped me in the past (when the software actually booted up correctly), but it's not booting up now, in the past it did and then it didn't recognize my cart (my pc that is) because I (back then) didn't install the drivers..... Not sure why the software keeps bombing, maybe company firewall, I dunno, but I don't get any warnings, the software tries to boot and always bombs..... :( 

Edited by Rickster8

4 hours ago, ls650 said:

Yes this is the one I downloaded.... I have Windows 10..... 

image.thumb.png.5dff7340e0aff0b530befc1872daf5de.png

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

It's a work computer so there could be some sort of anti-virus but I get no warnings or anything

so probably not my reason for the software not booting up.... But who knows? 🤷‍♂️

Just because there is no obvious warning, you think the anti-virus software isn't interfering..?

What is the software used?  It would not surprise me at all to know that something like Bitlocker or AVG is installed and preventing the computer from running.  If it was my computer, I'd launch the computer into Safe Mode with Networking and see if the software works then.  

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-enter-safe-mode-in-windows-10/

But if it's a computer supplied to you by the company you work for, I can't advocate making changes to it. 

If that is the case, I would not put your job in jeopardy just so you can run this software.

Edited by ls650

I got the little connected sign which I've never seen before. We are making progress. Now I just need to see the roms that are already on there and then I will add new roms and alphabetize them..... PROGRESS IS GOOD!!!! 😛 

image.thumb.png.8b89f5a3dcd1d47e759f5e08d68f7ce5.png

• Like 1

New roms are now on my LTO Flash and working great... 

I take back my negative comments... Not sure why it's working now, but I am NOT complaining anymore.... 

Yes it was nice and easy adding the roms once the Software started working..... 👍😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ls650 said:

Glad you got it figured out. 

I love my LTO Flash - it makes gaming on my Intellivision so much more convenient, and opens up bunch of new games I'd never otherwise be able to play!

If you have time you can jump on over to our Inty High Score competition.... We are playing Demon Attack and Mission X now with Star Wars ESB next..... All we require is a screen shot of your final score.... 👍

https://forums.atariage.com/forum/128-intellivision-high-score-club/

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 10:34 PM, Rickster8 said:

New roms are now on my LTO Flash and working great... 

I take back my negative comments... Not sure why it's working now, but I am NOT complaining anymore.... 

Yes it was nice and easy adding the roms once the Software started working..... 👍😏

We all get grumpy when things DONT work as expected, myself included

Glad the LTO is working for you. 

This was the best purchase i ever made for my INTV

I hope that we will see future releases of it 

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

We all get grumpy when things DONT work as expected, myself included

Glad the LTO is working for you. 

This was the best purchase i ever made for my INTV

I hope that we will see future releases of it 

Yeah it's weird, lastnight I booted it up and the software came up right away and everything worked perfectly.... Not sure why all of a sudden it all works great, but I'm happy now, which is good... :P 

I added a couple more game and I am now up to 202 games on there, pretty sweet..... 👍

12 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

It's possible that since you used a corporate computer it wouldn't let the drivers fully install until either a human or an application approved the software.

I was advised to try adding the software as an administrator. I did that but nothing happened, meaning I got the same result initially, maybe it just took awhile to fully go through it's processing? I dunno, but something clicked and it's like a well oiled machine now... 👍

• Like 1