IGNORED

Intellevision Console

Debs

I am hoping I could purchase a intellivision console with the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game as it’s on my bucket list to play with my dad again before it’s too late! Can anyone help me get one! I’ve been on eBay and bought a few where they say they are working but I can never get them working so I lose and sell them for parts! 
please can anyone help me??  
I appreciate you taking the time to read this! Xx

6 hours ago, Debs said:

Can anyone help me get one! I’ve been on eBay and bought a few where they say they are working but I can never get them working so I lose and sell them for parts! 

I think you wrote about this in another thread, and mentioned there that you are in the UK?  That might be vital information for a seller to know.

When you say you buy one that is tested but you cannot get it working, that suggests to me a video connection issue.  Are you trying to connect a US (NTSC, 120v) Intellivision to a UK TV (PAL, 220v)?  Will that even work?

How are you powering the device? How are you connecting it to your television?  Detailed descriptions and photos might help others diagnose the issues.

Edited by ls650
  • Like 1

I haven’t got the console at the minute as I resold it to someone in America so I’m losing every time I buy one. That’s why I came on this forum as someone told me I’d have more luck on here sourcing one and more importantly being able to play it x

2 hours ago, Debs said:

I haven’t got the console at the minute as I resold it to someone in America so I’m losing every time I buy one. That’s why I came on this forum as someone told me I’d have more luck on here sourcing one and more importantly being able to play it x

Where in the world are you located?

Have you tried purchasing an Intellivision Flashback instead? I have no idea if they are UK compatible but someone here could tell you. It has 60 games built-in including Crown of Kings which is the first AD&D game.

2 hours ago, Debs said:

I am after the dungeons and dragons games with it but the newer one doesn’t have that built in

I was under the impression that the  Flashback consoles do have them built in but due to licensing, they renamed the games with different titles. But aside from being called something different, they play the same as the original DnD games did back in the day.

• Like 1