IGNORED

🕹🕹🕹 Atari Lynx Flash/SD Cartridges for playing ROMs

Igor

This is a summary of the Flash/SD cartridges available for the Lynx. These allow you to play ROMs from an SD card, on your Lynx.
The latest information is available on Atari Gamer here - SD/Flash Carts for Atari Lynx.

There are links to various online stores where you can purchase the kits from here:
https://atarigamer.com/pages/sd-flash-carts-for-atari-lynx#sdcarts

The comparison is meant to be non-biased. Feel free to share images of your carts in this thread.

image.thumb.png.7a493da2d208b71de595914981a058f4.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Philsan said:

Useful comparison.

I've both carts but I don't remember.

Do they sort rom file names?

El Cheapo does with Igor's menu upgrade.

I'm waiting for the El Cheapo to be able to handle game saves like EOTB needs.

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Looking for some help in getting my El Cheapo up and going.  Tried following the instructions as best I could.  I've got the card formatted correctly. When I look in the card, I have a folder names SAVES and another named screenshots.bmp.  I also have a file called BOOT.BIN and another called CONFIG.BIN.  I dumped in about 80 rooms, all ending in .lnx

When I turn on the lynx, I get the El Cheapo startup screen and then see ECSD MENU at the top.  At the bottom, I read Folders:1 Roms:82

No matter what Rom I select, I get a quick flash that says Starting ROM and then the screen goes gray.  after a few seconds, it changes from gray to another random color.  Can't get any of the roms to play.  Would love a little help in getting it up and running.

Thanks

5 hours ago, thespiderman said:

Looking for some help in getting my El Cheapo up and going.  Tried following the instructions as best I could.  I've got the card formatted correctly. When I look in the card, I have a folder names SAVES and another named screenshots.bmp.  I also have a file called BOOT.BIN and another called CONFIG.BIN.  I dumped in about 80 rooms, all ending in .lnx

When I turn on the lynx, I get the El Cheapo startup screen and then see ECSD MENU at the top.  At the bottom, I read Folders:1 Roms:82

No matter what Rom I select, I get a quick flash that says Starting ROM and then the screen goes gray.  after a few seconds, it changes from gray to another random color.  Can't get any of the roms to play.  Would love a little help in getting it up and running.

Thanks

Solved it myself.  Just needed more patience and a different pack of ROMs to load up.  

Edited by thespiderman
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, thespiderman said:

Solved it myself.  Just needed more patience and a different pack of ROMs to load up.  

The most common ROM pack that seems to be floating around does have broken ROMs. They're LYX ROMs but saved as LNX, though they may also need some conversion, memory escapes me right now.

Edit: Checked with BennVenn and the ECSD firmware looks at the ROM header, if it sees the first 4 characters being "LYNX" it will assume it's a LNX ROM and will use the block size from the header. If it doesn't see that, it assumes it's a LYX ROM and guesses the block size based on the file size.

Edited by Igor