IGNORED

Cellophane wrapped intellivision

OGNerdy

I purchased this intellivision at the local flee market. All stickers look new and not showing any of the normal signs of wear... I was able to look In the cartridge slot because the cellophane is torn from being picked up and slot looks clean no normal pin grime. Were these ever sold new without box mail order or catalog maybe?

IMG_20230321_133847838.jpg

IMG_20230321_133800985.jpg

I don't think so.  Where would the put the instructions, rf TV connector, game cart.  Looking at the twist tie on the power supply it doesn't look like what would come from the factory.  The rf port looks like it might have some wear.
All that said, anything is possible and nice looking machine.

@OGNerdy I answered you similar in a PM you sent me through FB on this. Far as I know, all of the Intellivision consoles were just packed in styrofoam inserts and weren't shrinkwrapped like this. I'm pretty sure this is a used console as well but in really good condition as I stated to you. 

And shrink wrapping consoles isn't that unusual on the used market. The local retro shop around the corner from me has been doing that for years on the consoles they sell. Especially those not in the original box as otherwise, the OEM box and the console would be together.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, evg2000 said:

I don't think so.  Where would the put the instructions, rf TV connector, game cart.  Looking at the twist tie on the power supply it doesn't look like what would come from the factory.  The rf port looks like it might have some wear.
All that said, anything is possible and nice looking machine.

Were the power cords wrapped up originally or were they tucked inside the console on these early model 1 units?

9 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@OGNerdy I answered you similar in a PM you sent me through FB on this. Far as I know, all of the Intellivision consoles were just packed in styrofoam inserts and weren't shrinkwrapped like this. I'm pretty sure this is a used console as well but in really good condition as I stated to you. 

And shrink wrapping consoles isn't that unusual on the used market. The local retro shop around the corner from me has been doing that for years on the consoles they sell. Especially those not in the original box as otherwise, the OEM box and the console would be together.

I have seen many in the past also but the rf adapter/cord also look new the rf was in this bubble wrap pouch I've also never seen b4.

The bubble pouch I've seen before but not sure if the Intellivision came that way originally. But I know my 7800's RF switch box came in a bubble pouch like that and I still have it that way in the box. The RF cord does look new and unused. But the console itself wasn't originally in shrinkwrap like that and so it is likely used.

But again, in any event it looks to be in really nice shape so although we don't know what you paid for it, it appears to be in excellent condition overall.

4 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

The bubble pouch I've seen before but not sure if the Intellivision came that way originally. But I know my 7800's RF switch box came in a bubble pouch like that and I still have it that way in the box. The RF cord does look new and unused. But the console itself wasn't originally in shrinkwrap like that and so it is likely used.

But again, in any event it looks to be in really nice shape so although we don't know what you paid for it, it appears to be in excellent condition overall.

$20...