IGNORED

New Homebrew, Inc. Games

1 hour ago, cmadruga said:

Apparently the color of the ship’s windshield+trims indicate level of fuel left. Cyan means full tank and red blinking means about to run out for instance.

Also if you pause the game, the fuel level is shown in numbers.

so not designed for the colorblind :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Canada Only (using interact transfer) = $410 CAD

Ouch.  They might have convinced me to buy Caverns of Mars or Yars Revenge, but I have no interest in the other two carts, and definitely cannot see paying $410 to play two games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cmadruga said:

It depends. There are several types of color blindness. 

besides b/w and shades of grey CBness there are basically 3.  I have issue with 2 of the 3. I suffer from Deuteranopia and Protanopia.  But at least I don have Tritanopia!

1 minute ago, evg2000 said:

besides b/w and shades of grey CBness there are basically 3.  I have issue with 2 of the 3. I suffer from Deuteranopia and Protanopia.  But at least I don have Tritanopia!

Thanks for sharing. So I suppose you can still see the ship and the inner parts of the cavern well?

Would you mind sharing which specific colors of the Intellivision palette are safe to use? 

On 3/22/2023 at 4:26 PM, cmadruga said:

Apparently the color of the ship’s windshield+trims indicate level of fuel left. Cyan means full tank and red blinking means about to run out for instance.

Also if you pause the game, the fuel level is shown in numbers.

I should have paused and shown that in the video.  It’s actually in the manual, too.

23 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

I do not wish to be forced to artificially inflate someone’s watch count (and ego) just because I wanted to know how much the game cost.  That could have been a one liner at the top of this thread.

🙄

dZ.

Thanks, Jay! Love you, too!😊 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Papa Pete said:

Thanks, Jay! Love you, too!😊 👍🏻

This is not directed at you specifically.  It is not personal, so there is no reason to make it so.

I do not know you and you may be the best “YouTube personality” ever, for all I know; but for whatever reasons I may have, I did not subscribe to, nor sought out, your channel, and so did not expect to have to do so.

The problem is not with the videos themselves (yours or otherwise), to each their own as they say.  In my opinion the problem is that lengthy videos dense with content related — but perhaps not germane — to a game release apparently are now the only way to get any information about said release.  Even basic, discrete, and important details such as the release date and cost.

Again, that you and others put their effort into making these videos and that they have found a receptive audience, does not necessarily mean that everyone appreciates them becoming the de facto medium for conveying game release details.

This community used to relish in sharing and publicizing this very information, but now even when one asks for it directly, the response is typically “here, watch this video, it’s at XX:XX” — not even recognizing that perhaps finding the link, identifying the specific spot where the information is, and posting it, perhaps took more time than just stating the fact in the first place.

Anyway, like I said, this is not directed at you specifically.  I wish you best of luck with your future videos.

dZ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I was, until I learned it's an all or nothing kind of deal. 😕

I emailed and asked if I could just buy the roms for Yars and Caverns, but no reply. Lol

That's a shame, as that's money they could've recouped. I'm not interested in the other two because I already own the rom for Stop The Express (which is good enough for me) and I don't know how to play chess, so I'm afraid those two are out.

Guess I'll have to wait until either separate copies are available, or the chance that roms become available to buy in the future. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Well, I was, until I learned it's an all or nothing kind of deal. 😕

I emailed and asked if I could just buy the roms for Yars and Caverns, but no reply. Lol

That's a shame, as that's money they could've recouped. I'm not interested in the other two because I already own the rom for Stop The Express (which is good enough for me) and I don't know how to play chess, so I'm afraid those two are out.

Guess I'll have to wait until either separate copies are available, or the chance that roms become available to buy in the future. 🤷‍♂️

They will be sold seperately later from what i understand.

If you must have it immediately may i suggest hooking up with another on AA like i did. I only want Mr. Chess & Caverns of Mars. So Sinjin is going to take Yar's Revenge. Ill probably list the 4th game on ebay if noone on AA wants it. It will definately sell at base price.

All good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

They will be sold seperately later from what i understand.

If you must have it immediately may i suggest hooking up with another on AA like i did. I only want Mr. Chess & Caverns of Mars. So Sinjin is going to take Yar's Revenge. Ill probably list the 4th game on ebay if noone on AA wants it. It will definately sell at base price.

All good.

I think you mean Rickster8.  I'm on the (all 4) list.  Rickster wanted Yars.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2023 at 8:06 PM, cmadruga said:

Thanks for sharing. So I suppose you can still see the ship and the inner parts of the cavern well?

Would you mind sharing which specific colors of the Intellivision palette are safe to use? 

Problem is  CB is different for everyone.  Some games actually allow the user to select different colors for different thing.  But here is what doesn't work for me.
th?id=OIP.Q6nMmxoIeHufp7kERVPNigHaEt&pid=Api&P=0

2 and 4 pretty much look identical
5,6and E look the same
7 and A are very similar
C and D almost the same

welcome to the wonderful world of CBnes.

• Like 2

5 and E almost are identical on that image to us with normal colour vision as well. I would have thought that 2 and F were in the risk zone too.

A while ago I checked a web page about different forms of CB and suggestions on safe palettes for web sites (*). We don't have quite the same options with a fixed retro gaming palette but I suppose lessons can be learned.

(*) Sometimes I remind our graphical designer at work about this, but generally CB seems to represent a too small part of the market share that it isn't primarily considered when selecting colours for a web design.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

@evg2000 Thank you for helping educate me.

It is unfortunate that green tones are affected, as those are frequently used by modern homebrews to give Intellivision graphics a little more nuance.

Maybe if Intycolor could offer some parameters to simulate color blindness, it would be easier for developers to do something to make games more accessible.

• Like 1

I heard today that Homebrew Inc has sold 43/50 sets, so there are only 7 sets left.  Remember, and I tried to stress this in the video, I was told that all four of these games would be available individually in the future, but it will be a while.  European orders will also be taken by Good Deal Games (according to Homebrew Inc.) for individual games in the future.  I suspect that this initial preorder is a boost to get more games into production, and I'm confident that they'll be able to do so. 👍   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

This is what we used to help out our oldest boy with his red-green color blindness... 

https://enchroma.com/pages/color-is-here?gclid=Cj0KCQjwt_qgBhDFARIsABcDjOeV3Kv-pgfoDJpzKvsUhBFFYiI-t1yU9rpj2o9PxTgFaRyz8bWg-aIaAqkSEALw_wcB

Tried them, all they did for me was shift my colorblindness.  So really wasn't helpful for me.  Plus they didn't work indoors, only outdoors in bright light.

I describe the affect they had was when you go  outside and put on sometime of sunglasses and it make the colors more vibrant.

Is you son able to identify colors?  Especially for things that he wouldn't know what color they are?  When your are CB you learn to figure out or remember what color something is.  So I have shirts that I wouldn't be able to tell you what color they are if someone just bought them for me, but since I own them I know what color they are. A

On 3/25/2023 at 7:20 PM, evg2000 said:

Tried them, all they did for me was shift my colorblindness.  So really wasn't helpful for me.  Plus they didn't work indoors, only outdoors in bright light.

I describe the affect they had was when you go  outside and put on sometime of sunglasses and it make the colors more vibrant.

Is you son able to identify colors?  Especially for things that he wouldn't know what color they are?  When your are CB you learn to figure out or remember what color something is.  So I have shirts that I wouldn't be able to tell you what color they are if someone just bought them for me, but since I own them I know what color they are.

He has the version of RG color blindness where many shades of red will look green to him, so he often cannot tell red from green. We first suspected he had this condition when he came down for school wearing a red shirt for Green Eggs and Ham Day at his school. He truly thought it was green.

He generally sees all other colors normally though some shades of red/orange/yellow tend to blend together for him that do not for normal visioned people. The enchroma glasses work well for him indoors and out, though he really only uses them inside for art class or coloring projects.

Is it possible they just didn't give you the correct version of the glasses for your CB variation? Perhaps the eye assessment you received wasn't quite correct and you need a different formula? If possible, it would be nice if they could get a set that actually worked for you as well 👍

• 1 month later...