IGNORED

A.I.D. Power Supply?

bob1200xl

maybe track down the device and manual that was sold in this thread?

maybe deathpomegranite or fiberwire

odd thing is we had a couple different kinds of AID products, disks, books, picture magazines and talk on the forum and it's not exactly turning up when searching. Did the information go away when a few people deleted their stuff and left or is it some other issue preventing unearthing them?

Edited by _The Doctor__

AID RVerter in magazine link, notes handshaking configurations can be changed by jumpers inside the hood.

https://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/issue51/237_2_NEWS_PRODUCTS_RS-232_Modem_Adapter_For_Atari.php

A Buffered Programmable Printer Interface by Advanced Interface Devices named Interfast-I is a 4K buffered programmable printer interface for the Atari computer line. It is compatible with the Atari 850 Interface Module printer port and requires no modification to the computers. Data transfer rates from the computer to the Interfast-I is comparable to disk drive transfer rates. Multiple program listings and text files can be dumped to the device in a few seconds leaving the computer free to work on other stuff while the Interfast-I handles printing chores.

The interface sells for $169.95 and can also can be programmed for advanced printing applications on printers with graphics capabilities.

contact

Advanced Interface Devices, Inc.
P.O. Box 2188
Melbourne, FL 32902

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

The interface looks like this...

DSC01859.thumb.JPG.5534c5016dd1618052b0835a325d374c.JPG

Wow. Thanks for posting, I've never seen one. A printer interface with A 6502 CPU and a 6821 PIA. I assume the VR1 regulator is for 5V so this looks to need a DC power supply of probably 6V to 9V 1A on a 3.5mm jack maybe? If you can't get an original PSU, try a variable universal adapter starting with the lower voltage if you have one. I can't tell without measuring but probably the centre pin is positive. Something like this https://a.co/d/hhF1gDI on Amazon although I am sure there are alternatives. But you knew this, you're Bob!

17 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

A 6502 and a PIA but only 4 KB of RAM.  Makes me think this should be extendable to a bit more than that.

Sincerely

Mathy

I was thinking that too, with a 6502 up to 64K SRAM maybe, but then thought that a 4000 character buffer holds quite a big document anyway...

14 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

There is another 2K of ROM - a 2716. One could stuff a 2732 in there if necessary.

Anyway, I found the power supply. It's 9VDC @ 500ma. Used on the 2600, the SX212 and the XEP80.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Bob

Hi @bob1200xl, I am glad that you sorted it out, however I think we are discussing the SRAM - the 2x SY2128 16Kb Static RAM. The 16Kb ROM supplies the operating system for the device and is probably sufficient.

Edited by TZJB

22 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

So it's a pin type not a barrel at 9 V DC at 500ma. You found the actual power supply? Is it labeled or marked differently? Was there a paper or marking on the case anywhere? Inquiring minds always like to know.

No. Nothing was listed for this supply. I just poked around in some of my power supplies and came up with the Atari supply. Phone plug style connector, 9VDC @ 500ma. Passed the smoke test...

Bob