IGNORED

How do you prefer to learn about new Intellivision games for sale?

mthompson

How do you prefer to learn about new Intellivision games for sale?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred source for announcements and information about new Intellivision games for sale?

• AtariAge forum
    • Facebook or other social media platform
    • YouTube or other video sharing platform
    • Publisher, programmer, or other website
    • Newsletter or email list
    • Private message (text, DM, etc.)
    • Word of mouth
    • Serendipity, luck, and random chance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2023 at 04:59 AM

Game publishers use a variety of methods to let people know about new games coming for the Intellivision. Often they use multiple methods, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. Some people much prefer one method over others, and some simply do not use one or more of the information sources on the internet.

I thought it would be interesting to see what Intellivision game buyers think about this question, and maybe publishers can gain some useful information from the poll results. I hope the choices I listed cover all the possibilities.

So vote if you've got an opinion. The poll will be open until the end of April.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Personally I likely get most of my info from AA, although I did reluctantly join FB a couple years ago at the urging of a few individuals on here, but only for videogame related stuff. I think it probably makes sense for publishers to take a multi-pronged approach to advertising about upcoming games with the idea that most of us might not be on all the different sites/newsletters. To that end I voted for most of the options above. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, mthompson said:

Game publishers use a variety of methods to let people know about new games coming for the Intellivision. Often they use multiple methods, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. Some people much prefer one method over others, and some simply do not use one or more of the information sources on the internet.

I thought it would be interesting to see what Intellivision game buyers think about this question, and maybe publishers can gain some useful information from the poll results. I hope the choices I listed cover all the possibilities.

So vote if you've got an opinion. The poll will be open until the end of April.

This is a good poll to have, thank you for setting it up.  I see now that my personal preferences are not in the minority. ;)

-dZ.

I prefer the AtariAge forums, and I've been on Rev's newsletter forever. But really, I'd just like to know while I still have a reasonable chance to order a new game. AFAIK the few I've missed really didn't have much fanfare until after they were sold out.

Also, I would add a bit of weighting to the final results.  It seems a bit obvious that members of AtariAge voting on a poll in AtariAge may skew the results towards a preference of AtariAge as their communication medium.

dZ.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Also, I would add a bit of weighting to the final results.  It seems a bit obvious that members of AtariAge voting on a poll in AtariAge may skew the results towards a preference of AtariAge as their communication medium.

dZ.

Yep... what DZ said.

• Like 1

Not a fan of Facebook game announcements because:

1. Facebook hides / buries posts arbitrarily.  If a publisher posts a game on Facebook, not everyone will see it.
  2. Facebook does not always notify when it should.
  3. Facebook does not indicate what posts have been read vs not read (i.e., no idea how far back to go in time for each group, unlike AA)
  4. When making a post, some Facebook groups will let you post right away, others will need to be approved and delayed (days) by a moderator, and other posts will not get posted by some moderators even if the post is within the rules (or worse, the rules a vague).

Not saying that publishers should avoid Facebook.  Just saying Facebook should never be your only method of announcing a game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I prefer to read the basic details on AA, which hopefully include info such as screenshots, price/order info, etc.
Links to an order website, Youtube, etc. are fine.

If the release interests me, I'll go to the links and watch the video, etc. and then make a purchase decision.

I use Facebook regularly to stay in touch with family and friends - I'm not a big fan of it being used for commercial purposes.

• Like 2