IGNORED

576+ NUC with AVG Cart and Fujinet

Thayer

Hi, quick question here, I searched but could find nothing I am sure it is simple.

I have a NUC with AVG Cart and FujiNet and everything works great on it's own but when the AVG is inserted how do I then access the Fujinet? What I have been doing is unplugging the AVG before turning the system on when I want to use the Fujinet but I am sure there is a better way - what am I missing exactly?

Note I am new to this and haven't used the AVG too much I know how to get into DOS or load disk image but can't see how to get into the FujiNet menu. Thanks in advance for any help.

16 hours ago, Thayer said:

Hi, quick question here, I searched but could find nothing I am sure it is simple.

I have a NUC with AVG Cart and FujiNet and everything works great on it's own but when the AVG is inserted how do I then access the Fujinet? What I have been doing is unplugging the AVG before turning the system on when I want to use the Fujinet but I am sure there is a better way - what am I missing exactly?

Note I am new to this and haven't used the AVG too much I know how to get into DOS or load disk image but can't see how to get into the FujiNet menu. Thanks in advance for any help.

You can manage some of the Fujinet functions from the web UI, using the Fujinet IP address from another machine over the LAN. However AVG as a cartridge will always boots first so the Fujinet cannot be managed from the Atari while it is in place.

I need to experiment with this further myself.

Just checked that both the UNO Cart and Ultimate Cart play well with the Fujinet.

1)  The Ultimate/UNO boots first, you select cartridge or press "X" to bypass the cart

2)  The Fujinet then boots normal and full screen functionality

3)  Select disk image in Fujinet menu as normal.

The Fujinet operates 100% normal and doesn't even know the UNO/Ultimate cart is even there, but the UNO/Ultimate is allowed to run first and function simultaneously in harmony with Fujinet.  

When you turn the NUC on it boots to the AVGcart, hit Shift+ESC and it exits the cart and boots the Fujinet.

I don't know if you can mount some software on the AVG and some on the Fujinet at the same time, the cart addon has the SIO cable built in so I tend to use the AVG for all software loading and the Fujinet as a wi-fi modem and printer.

Edited by Mr Robot
+Shift
  • Thanks 1