IGNORED

Jaguar Games that are NOT a good fit for the HSC

I'd like to make a list so we don't waste time "trying" certain games over and over again in the future when they are suggested.  Games might include:

-Games that take waaaay too long to play to conclusion/scoring

-Games that have no score, time, or clear way to show improvement, measure performance

-Games that are just not a good fit for whatever objective reason as it relates to the structure of HSCs.

Would love to have input from folks on this one and I'll keep the list updated! 

Thanks for any help, input, and play-testing on this one! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I heard Dino Dudes score just flickers before going to title screen.   If it shows for even a frame I could record the game as I go (or people could video it as it is wrapping up) and grab the score that way.

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure needs to be hacked so that it has an extra decimal point for the score board.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2023 at 8:40 AM, doctorclu said:

I heard Dino Dudes score just flickers before going to title screen.   If it shows for even a frame I could record the game as I go (or people could video it as it is wrapping up) and grab the score that way.

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure needs to be hacked so that it has an extra decimal point for the score board.

???

• Like 1

Hi tripled79 I'm going to go with your question being about Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure.  The score only goes to 999,999 which in the past with as high as we were scoring topped out, leaving us no clear winner.

But, in all honesty the games were played differently in earlier days of the Jaguar High Score Club.  You could win by any means neccessary, and sometimes the higher score was attained through shear patience and repetition.

So Pitfall might not be AS big a deal these days.

• Like 1