IGNORED

9640news.com

dhe

Dan,

Thanks for the head's up.  Something happened, and it looks like the theme I was using has an "issue".  I started to make changes, however, i discovered the issue is more widespread.  I am going to wait for a theme update to see if that rectifies the issue.  The software, WordPress, I am using had a problem about a week ago that would not allow me to update pages.  That issue was fixed, so hopefully the next theme update will fix this issue.

Beery

A while ago I had some trouble with Joomla (which I use for my webpages and for Ninermame). The maintainers issued the new release 4, and urged everyone to migrate as soon as possible, but they also disposed of the previous template, introducing a new template. I mean, if they added a new one, good, but they removed the old (default!) template from which I (and supposedly many more people) derived their own theme. So I had to redesign my pages from the start.

Frameworks, in general, are notorious for this, for one reason or another.  It is frustrating.  Thankfully, I only run the servers and never have to deal with that, other than the complaints and bargaining to get old, insecure versions back.

• Like 1

My revenge was that I modded their glorious new template so long that it eventually looked exactly like the old one.

The new menu system they developed makes navigation on a desktop browser really a pain ... seems again that everything is developed as "mobile first" (or even "mobile only").

7 minutes ago, mizapf said:

The new menu system they developed makes navigation on a desktop browser really a pain ... seems again that everything is developed as "mobile first" (or even "mobile only").

Yup.  I noticed many sites which are going to this formula.  Portrait-oriented interfaces are becoming the predominate display format, and desktop or laptop users can pound sand.  For instance, my bank's page is 2/3 header on my laptop, which makes using the site damn near impossible, were it not for AdBlockPlus which allows me to block specific elements.  I have complained and they do not care.

Well, after a couple of the posts here, and that I had some free time while on the Zoom call this afternoon, I think I have all of @dhe's links fixed, plus some more that were broken as well.

Let me know if there are any other broken links I missed.

Beery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yup.  I noticed many sites which are going to this formula.  Portrait-oriented interfaces are becoming the predominate display format, and desktop or laptop users can pound sand.  For instance, my bank's page is 2/3 header on my laptop, which makes using the site damn near impossible, were it not for AdBlockPlus which allows me to block specific elements.  I have complained and they do not care.

When you open https://www.ninermame.org/ and then change the window width, you can see how it adapts to different sizes (you see the new menu system for smaller widths and the previous one for wider displays). So it can be done, even without much ado (it's almost all inside the CSS). But companies obviously believe they have to ignore the desktop users, or they would not look hip enough.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dhe said:

@9640News

image.thumb.png.4730b98c93cf468a6d1b3ed2b4bcd76a.png

MDOS is of course private.

mdos-ideas - broke.

I'm not sure if the last two are just left over links from another era.

mdos-ideas, this has been removed.  I have someone that has been hitting the previously listed usernames trying to hack their way.  I have been getting so many lockouts, and then email notifications, I am trying to reduce the potential of someone getting access to the website.

The bios issue, haven't been able to find a path to the link in question.  I did find a link to a filename with a spelling error.

The Github MDOS repository will eventually be public with the next release of MDOS.  

If any broken links still exist from what you posted above, I need the route to the menu options you selected to find the broken link.

Thanks for everything.

Beery

• Like 1