IGNORED

Jaguar videos

Editorb

I managed to quaff several beerses during recording, which is why some of the dialog is on screen too long, and why there is one pause screen. I rationalized leaving it in as offering a chance for people to see how cool it looks, plus the music would be discombobulated if I trimmed it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Awesome :)

Mind if I post that on the website?

Also... I see you repeat killing Cauchon for points. Naughty!

Go to town! Unless you're already in town, in which case, stay in town!

Not just points, but 100 grand per pop for double kills!

Cauchon is a word that I can't understand
C-A-U-C-H-O-N was a word I could not understand.
Walked the dog with a real short leash,
Turned around, saw the dog walk me.

Jag controller and Last Strike give me
Pulse like a hammer and mind to match.
No relief, no food, no sleep,
When you're parallax king for a day
You're a whore for a week

I started an I-War longplay last night. Played more than hour, finished first six or seven nodes, and discovered this morning the video judders. It was doing that in monitor window last night, but I'm pretty sure it's always done that when capturing but the resulting video has not had problem. It seems reconnecting the S-video might be of import to prevent it.

Anyhoo, now that I'm slightly perturbed at thought of replaying beginning again already, if anyone has requests/demands for videos, I'm open for suggestions. (Hopefully not of the subliminal, malicious variety. "Flashing pictures on the screen, shown too quickly to be seen, does not register in the conscious mind, propaganda of another kind, danger! (nightmare!) doomsday (nightmare!) murder (nightmare!) nightmare nightmare!" If there's a punk reference that's remotely referenceable, I'll reference it.)

• Like 1

Problem was the I-War run was first time I didn't mute computer audio. My usual setup is S-video to CRT and audio to nice soundbar with good stereo separation. Rather than endure crappy TV audio in addition to RF video, I decided to use 2019 MBA speakers. That was a mistake. (By, the colors [and everything else] suck using RF! The things I do for art.)

Banged out first six nodes in little more than hour again last night.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, Machine said:

I would love to see your Jag recording set-up. I have been wanting to record a few Gravatic Mines worlds, but I got some pretty bad lag when recording. I am sure I am setting it up wrong.

I use Jag S-video/audio doohickey to connect to Elgato Video Capture (https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Video-Capture-Digitize-iPad/dp/B0029U2YSA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3UBESE0Y62XPO&keywords=s-video+capture+card&qid=1678386760&sprefix=s-video+capture+card%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-2) and plug that into 2019 MacBook Air 9 via USB to USBC adapter to capture video/audio. RF cable connects to TV.

So, I'm playing lag-free on CRT while enduring execrable quality of RF video and TV sound instead of sound bar. ("It's all for you, Damien!") The capture feed can lag all it wants cuz I'm not watching it.

I like PDR and have finished coupla times via reloading after each failure, but it’s kind of a slog fo shizzler. Cannon Fodder is struggle to get past handful of rounds.

I found IS and IS2 playthroughs but they’re Let’s Play variety with extra stuff on screen and talking. 

Edited by Editorb
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Now that i think about it, nobody has done a segmented or a full playthrough of either Power Drive Rally or Cannon Fodder on Jaguar right?

The final stage of Power Drive Rally took me a while to play through. It felt like a nice little accomplishment when I finally beat the game. Such a fun game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, Machine said:

I would love to see your Jag recording set-up. I have been wanting to record a few Gravatic Mines worlds, but I got some pretty bad lag when recording. I am sure I am setting it up wrong.

I'm guessing by your GM video thread you have mastered video capture. I figgered that as an aid to aspiring Jag Capture Artists, I should query how you accomplished it, especially if there was anything you did differently to make it work.

Well done on your GM mastery. You truly are The Machine. I like the rotational flip at end of levels. Mayhap these comments would be better suited on the GM video thread, but I didn't wanna muck up the works with my inanity.

Edited by Editorb

16 minutes ago, Editorb said:

I'm guessing by your GM video thread you have mastered video capture. I figgered that as an aid to aspiring Jag Capture Artists, I should query how you accomplished it, especially if there was anything you did differently to make it work.

Well done on your GM mastery. You truly are The Machine. I like the rotational flip at end of levels. Mayhap these comments would be better suited on the GM video thread, but I didn't wanna muck up the works with my inanity.

I tried a few older devices. One I got some static(very minor) and the other one I got a little lag(but no static). I ended up using the old El Gato(USB/RCA).  The downside was when I viewed it on the laptop, I got very slight lag. I was still able to play, but it felt weird. So I ended up splitting the video feed from the Jaguar. I split it into the TV and the El Gato. This way I could still play on a TV(while recording) and avoid the lag. I ended up splitting one of the sound channels also, cuz it makes flying easier when you can hear. I dug out my backup Jag, and have it hooked up in front of the TV so I don't have to mess with switching everything when I want to record. The only downside is I have wires hanging out the front of my TV. I plan on recording the last Pilot World and uploading it. Then I'll slowly record each level in ACE. No way can I get through an entire world(all 4 levels) without dying in ACE. I would like to record a perfect run in Pilot(all rescues no deaths) but that will take several tries as I only have done it once.

Such a fun game to fly around and find new ways to beat a level. The control/handling of the game is amazing. Plus I enjoy checking out the beautiful background art. It does a great job of immersing you in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Editorb said:

In last set of worlds, I believe, there's the nutty part where you try to rescue a dude/dudette and alien erupts out instead. Is there a way to actually rescue that one?

So I believe some of the alien rescues are just decoys. They can not be counted as a rescue. I try to remember which rescues are aliens so I can avoid them. The alien rescues are one of the best "jump scares" I have ever had. Right up there with the zombie dog jumping through the window in Resident Evil.

If you know what World/level(or I think the correct term is System/World?) I can double-check. Worst case, just let me know what level and I can make a video doing a run(all rescues and no deaths). Once I beat the game, I had to run through it again. After that, I decided to beat every level getting all the rescues without dying. Some levels were rough(not dying), but it was a great ride.

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1