IGNORED

Looking for a Mega ST case

1 hour ago, Stguild said:

I am looking for a replacement top part or whole case for my Mega ST.  The computer running the BBS became damaged and I need to replace the case.  Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a replacement?

I found a case that has a MB in it that need repair, but if you just need the case it looks to be in good condition..

ATARI MEGA ST4 Computer (perhaps with ST2 MoBo?) - Repairs | eBay

What BBS do you run and how do you connect?

13 hours ago, Stguild said:

I am looking for a replacement top part or whole case for my Mega ST.  The computer running the BBS became damaged and I need to replace the case.  Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a replacement?

I actually might have one... What kind of floppy did you have? (button or bar?)

Even better, I might actually know where it is. :)

12 hours ago, Shift838 said:

I found a case that has a MB in it that need repair, but if you just need the case it looks to be in good condition..

There is a whole list at http://www.sfhqbbs.org/ataribbslist.php (I run one too)

Easiest/Best way for now is to just download SyncTerm (it's available for many operating systems) as they're pretty much reachable by Telnet these days.  you can even download the BBS list for SyncTerm to save you the time of having to enter the BBSs in manually!

There is also an Atari BBS Gurus club here at AtariAge and the pinned BBS thread on the 8-bit forum here also covers ST BBSes.  How to connect using the old retro systems is covered at length there.

But I would recommend for best results, use SyncTerm and actually call some of the BBSs around here.  That way you can decide if you like it before spending a lot of time trying to get it going with the retro setup.

1 hour ago, Tillek said:

But I would recommend for best results, use SyncTerm and actually call some of the BBSs around here.  That way you can decide if you like it before spending a lot of time trying to get it going with the retro setup.

This is sage and wise advice.  But not very Tim the Tool Man Taylor like....just go for it!!! Spend the time and money (just a little) getting your retro system online can be rewarding all in itself and then you're invested!!!  (seriously though, Tillek's suggestion is the most pragmatic).

2 hours ago, Atari8guy said:

This is sage and wise advice.  But not very Tim the Tool Man Taylor like....just go for it!!! Spend the time and money (just a little) getting your retro system online can be rewarding all in itself and then you're invested!!!  (seriously though, Tillek's suggestion is the most pragmatic).

Well, that and it's frustrating when people take up a ton of our time helping them figure out their retro setup connection problems only to have them call once or twice, say "oh, that was fun" and we never see them again. 

• Like 1

Too bad, I sold a case off about two years ago.  I mounted the Mega ST motherboard in a PC case with built in ICD SCSI card running a hard drive, CDRW, and a tape backup.  It's gotten finicky since the Motherboard is mounted vertically and the chips tend to work loose. 

22 hours ago, Shift838 said:

... and then I take a closer look at your signature... You're already one of us. :)

His BBSes are ST Guild and NRG which are both on the list at SFHQ's website.