IGNORED

Mario Jungle Adventure (Pitfall Hack)

alfredtdk

2 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Cute!

Thanks. Fixed some bugs in the first version. Giving a bigger jump to Mario brought consequences, when falling into holes it is almost difficult to get out of the underground, even going up the stairs.
In this new version, when removing the big jump, I also introduced the little bomb creatures and removed the mushrooms that always bumped into Mario's foot, it was much easier now.
Another significant change was also the change of pipes in which carnivorous plants appear, in addition to being more beautiful, in my opinion, it facilitated Mario's balance on this slippery surface.

Nice work!  Personally I think I like the sprites better in the first version but if they were causing problems then that takes priority.   I especially like how you changed the trees to columns as well and love the pipes with plants instead of alligators!   One suggestion I'd make is to maybe put a gap inbetween Mario's shoes and make them equal size when standing still.  The below is just a simple cut and paste from a screen shot that I did to illustrate what I mean.

mario.jpg

9 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Nice work!  Personally I think I like the sprites better in the first version but if they were causing problems then that takes priority.   I especially like how you changed the trees to columns as well and love the pipes with plants instead of alligators!   One suggestion I'd make is to maybe put a gap inbetween Mario's shoes and make them equal size when standing still.  The below is just a simple cut and paste from a screen shot that I did to illustrate what I mean.

mario.jpg

I like the shoes together, but in this definitive version I made this application. The shoes together will only appear now when he is hanging from the vine.

MARIO JUNGLE ADVENTURE FINAL

Definitive Version

What's new?

Changed the treetops to not look so stoned.

Enemies that move across the screen have been colored.

The return of the underground mushroom.

Carnivorous plant with new design.

the coin turns

Totally modified sound, following the old version of Luigi Lunchbreak.

10/04/2023

Added the umbrella, gift item from the classic Donkey Kong.

1.png

Captura de tela_2023-04-09_19-47-28.png

Captura de tela_2023-04-09_19-47-54.png

Captura de tela_2023-04-10_00-14-25.png

Mario Jungle Adventure DV.bin

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LatchKeyKid said:

I definitely like the sprites in the final version the most (especially the goombas!).  Also, the death tune is cool.  It's a keeper!

Thanks. Something had missed and I apologize for that.
I made a correction in a sprite that was undefined, now it is an umbrella, this item comes directly from the classic Donkey Kong.
Please download the file again.

Captura de tela_2023-04-10_00-16-08.png

Captura de tela_2023-04-10_00-14-25.png