IGNORED

Improved Loose Cartridge and Overlay holder now available.

hey everyone so I just wanted to share an updated design for intellivision cartridge holding.

I can make virtually any custom number of slots for anyone interested.  Also can do other colors, right now i mostly work in Black and White, but open to other suggestions / requests for a particular order.  A dark brown could be nice or beige.  

image.thumb.jpeg.fef1d9eef354574c6314c15e5580816c.jpeg

NOTE: forgive me for calling them inserts in the video..  lol..   overlays.. i know i know :)   tough habit to break.  

• Like 6

Can I get one that holds 125 carts? :lolblue:

Seriously though, this is awesome and I'll be ordering some soon. Just have to figure out if I want one rail of 10 or two 5's. I keep a bunch of carts outside of their boxes just for play. Usually the newest stack of homebrews I'm working my way through at any given point. Does the sizing work well with the non-Mattel shells as well? Like Imagic, Parker Brothers, etc?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, the1hatman said:

125 carts?

Done! =D  

but yea no problem, i will tailor it for you no problem ti fit your needs.  the largest I can make in a single pass I think is 24 carts in a 4x6 arrangement..  anything bigger than that would just require some glue.  I have a special PLA optimal glue that will insure things bond so it's not going to be something that breaks easy.  

These particular slots are catered to the intellivision.  The slots work great with all intellivision cartridges I've tested with it.  To show you I just put this together...  I also found a nice method of putting the cart facing away with the insert on the front so you can pinch and life all the overlays and respective cart in a single take.   I will likely make variations of this for the 2600 / Coleco / Odyssey 2 / etc down the road.. but I always start with the intellivision :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.9bf5961e95b4fbd6a98aab18271c1f41.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, First Spear said:

BSR Inc

Who is that?  

Thank you very mouch @First Spear I appreciate it.  i'm expanding to a few other systems..  mostly looking for underserved platforms..  

I just did the Odyssey 2 with the usual flat style, but I also made a step style which better accommodates the lack of a title sticker on the narrow side.. which for the O2 is occupied by the handle..

image.thumb.jpeg.7bf1bee2d505ce98cbebc19f2782da78.jpeg

but I want to also address lesser ones..   like the Turbo Grafx.. Vetrex.. Colecovision..   the Atari seems to already have some options out there so I probably will only get around to them when either i've run out of underdogs or if someone asks me for something specific.    I need to do more research to see what else is already out there.    Maybe NES, SNES, Genesis, SMS..  anyway got a bit of work ahead of me..  THEN I can stop stalling and get back to learning INTYBasic..  =D 

• Like 1

@timdu OH yea I know about BSR.. just wasn't thinking enough about what that could mean.  Yea that's a cool thought.  I'll ping them and see what they say.  They cater to Intellivision which is great.  

5 hours ago, mthompson said:

use the small "v" in Intellivision.

Yea I'll have to see what I can do about that adjustment as well.  I see what you mean.  Like this:

image.thumb.png.ee0de6a4f818f4be12968842bc01c375.png

Edited by Caleb Garner
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Caleb Garner said:

does anyone have steve's contact info on here?  I found him on linked in but i don't have premium access..  BSR websites kinda thin on contact info.. seems to mostly be links about the history and (cough) amico..  I'd love to ask for his blessing and if it's no bueno, brand-less it is.  

@BSRSteve

31 minutes ago, Caleb Garner said:

does anyone have steve's contact info on here?  I found him on linked in but i don't have premium access..  BSR websites kinda thin on contact info.. seems to mostly be links about the history and (cough) amico..  I'd love to ask for his blessing and if it's no bueno, brand-less it is.  

Well, I don't own the Intellivision Trademark any more, so I can't really give permission. 

25 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

Well, I don't own the Intellivision Trademark any more, so I can't really give permission. 

is it under the Amico now?   Thank you by the way for responding! :)     Yea I don't want to get involved with Amico if that's the case.   Brand-less will probably be the best way to go..  and that's fine.. it was more about being useful than branded.  

• 2 weeks later...

I took this snapshot of this guy mid print..  ended up packing the two I made and shipped this morning before I got a chance to take some nice pics of then completed, but yea very happy with the end result.  This is one of the riser style 10 slot holders..  now in Red as well as the other 4 color options.  

So yea I decided given how few of these are being made, this is doing nothing but help keep some of the intellivision fans keeping the intellivision brand alive.  Lord knows it could use some positive vibes after what Amico didn't to the intellivision brand itself..  if they would prefer me not do it, i would respect that request.  I just don't know if anyone would even care right now if make a few of these for people.  

image.thumb.jpeg.5b706d0f032683cfab5e30ce0f592949.jpeg

Edited by Caleb Garner
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Caleb Garner said:

I took this snapshot of this guy mid print..  ended up packing the two I made and shipped this morning before I got a chance to take some nice pics of then completed, but yea very happy with the end result.  This is one of the riser style 10 slot holders..  now in Red as well as the other 4 color options.  

So yea I decided given how few of these are being made, this is doing nothing but help keep some of the intellivision fans keeping the intellivision brand alive.  Lord knows it could use some positive vibes after what Amico didn't to the intellivision brand itself..  if they would prefer me not do it, i would respect that request.  I just don't know if anyone would even care right now if make a few of these for people.  

image.thumb.jpeg.5b706d0f032683cfab5e30ce0f592949.jpeg

That looks great! 

• Like 2