IGNORED

FS Atari 8-bit PowerStar cart complete

adam242

One of the rarest production titles in the Atari 8-bit library (fewer than 800 were produced), here we have a copy of Pandora Software's PowerStar, complete with box and instruction manual.

Cart is tested, working and has an excellent label. Box is intact with no split corners.

Asking $300. These don't come up for sale very often, and are rarely complete.

IMG_20230410_193354831~2.jpg

IMG_20230410_193324249~2.jpg

Edited by adam242

4 hours ago, Mr Hudson said:

@adam242 if you know for sure that the poster on eBay is your buyer, let’s petition @Albert to have this scourge ousted!

This is unacceptable and taking advantage of the community!

Definitely the same person. They left each other positive feedback and the eBay seller ID is the same as his AtariAge ID.

Bummer but I don't see how you can kick someone out of the community for purchasing a game at the seller's asking price and reselling it. We can think poorly of him though :)

Yeah, it sucks but he didn't really do anything wrong. He was very pleasant to deal with and paid my asking price immediately.

I should have known better when I got a response like that within an hour of posting it.

The $10K eBay listing is a pipe dream joke anyway. I've never seen one of these sell for more than $250. I thought I was reaching with $300...

The seller seems to be a regular video game vendor. Sells a lot of 90s stuff, manuals and junk. Flips home-brews. Almost no Atari 8-bit stuff. I would assume he doesn't know the market. The Powerstar seems to be the only moonshot in his store. 

A common (although despicable) strategy is to list items with some insane asking price with Make Offer active and then taking 10% or less of the price. It's a strategy to bilk buyers by making them feel like they got a deal, when even 10% of $9999 is insane for a utility cart and a floppy disk of no historical significance. 

The strategy is to go for the guys who are high end comic book collectors looking for an untapped market. This is where some of that money for super high priced graded Nintendo games came from. I just don't think there are enough uninformed well moneyed Atari 8-bit collectors joining the fray each year to support such silliness.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 8:31 PM, adam242 said:

Yeah, it sucks but he didn't really do anything wrong. He was very pleasant to deal with and paid my asking price immediately.

I should have known better when I got a response like that within an hour of posting it.

The $10K eBay listing is a pipe dream joke anyway. I've never seen one of these sell for more than $250. I thought I was reaching with $300...

When I picked my boxed PowerStar up I think I paid 200.  I think 300 would have been pushing it.  Just a shame to see someone flip it so quick.    The 10k price tag is just a publicity stunt.  But still would leave a bad taste I'd I was the seller.   Didn't do anything wrong but since it was easily tracked back to an AA sale I feel it's in poor taste.