IGNORED

3-point dash RELEASED (Basketball game for atari 2600)

kikipdph

rel.thumb.jpg.051768774e29fe8366be9e2e57be1d73.jpg

3-point dash version 1

DOWNLOAD LINK

The objective of the Three-Point Contest is to score as many points as possible by shooting three-pointers. The game ends when the player misses four consecutive attempts. The game has two difficulty levels: Standard and Hard.

https://prijedor-x.com/3pointdash.html
3-point dash version 2

The objective of 3-point Dash v2 is to score as many points as possible by shooting three-pointers. The game consists of shooting rounds, where the player must make 9 successful shots into the hoop within a given time limit in order to advance to the next shooting round. If the player fails to make 9 shots into the hoop within the allotted time, the game ends.
DOWNLOAD LINK
https://prijedor-x.com/3pointdash2.html

• Like 5

Alright, I played this one and it's really, really good!

The graphics are top-notch for an atari game and it reminds me of the bowling game that was publish here a few days ago. Good use of colours and background detail. The player character is big and well detailed while the basket sprite make good use of the black background to look convincing enough. Gameplay is simple but addictive, which is what I expect from atari games. You can clearly see where the ball is going when launched because there's a good sense of proportion between the player and the basket. There's no glitches or errors so far and the game feels polished.

I played the two versions and I think I like the first one more, because it's more dynamic overall, for example: I like how it changes the speed faster than the second version. I also like how it briefly starts with a static basket just to get you ready. Another thing I prefer on the first version is that I can see my lives (I think 3 is enough for this kind of game btw). Version 2 feels a bit more sluggish and there's less sense of progress imo, but both versions are good on it's own and are well thought.

One suggestion I would give is to add extra points to the player if he makes a diagonal shot, because it's a lot harder to hit that way compared to the straight shot. As it is, the diagonal shot feels a bit useless as there's no good reason to do that, but adding extra points would give an optional risk-reward depth to the game. I mean, I would love to see this on the first version tbh but I don't know what kind of limits are you dealing right now :-)

Btw, what exactly are the changes between the first and the second version other than what I saw already? I noticed that the second version have a continuous time limit while the first resets on each shot and of course the amount of lives is different, but I was not able to catch more than that.

Anyway, it's a very nice game and I can't wait to see more of you

(forgive me for any english mistakes)

Edited by Phobos867

4 hours ago, Phobos867 said:

Alright, I played this one and it's really, really good!

The graphics are top-notch for an atari game and it reminds me of the bowling game that was publish here a few days ago. Good use of colours and background detail. The player character is big and well detailed while the basket sprite make good use of the black background to look convincing enough. Gameplay is simple but addictive, which is what I expect from atari games. You can clearly see where the ball is going when launched because there's a good sense of proportion between the player and the basket. There's no glitches or errors so far and the game feels polished.

I played the two versions and I think I like the first one more, because it's more dynamic overall, for example: I like how it changes the speed faster than the second version. I also like how it briefly starts with a static basket just to get you ready. Another thing I prefer on the first version is that I can see my lives (I think 3 is enough for this kind of game btw). Version 2 feels a bit more sluggish and there's less sense of progress imo, but both versions are good on it's own and are well thought.

One suggestion I would give is to add extra points to the player if he makes a diagonal shot, because it's a lot harder to hit that way compared to the straight shot. As it is, the diagonal shot feels a bit useless as there's no good reason to do that, but adding extra points would give an optional risk-reward depth to the game. I mean, I would love to see this on the first version tbh but I don't know what kind of limits are you dealing right now 🙂

Btw, what exactly are the changes between the first and the second version other than what I saw already? I noticed that the second version have a continuous time limit while the first resets on each shot and of course the amount of lives is different, but I was not able to catch more than that.

Anyway, it's a very nice game and I can't wait to see more of you

(forgive me for any english mistakes)

In the first version, the time limit is used to prevent the player from holding onto the ball for too long and to make the gameplay more dynamic.

I also considered such scoring, but it's not in line with the game's title or the scoring system in real basketball. Although it may not be crucial, I decided to stick with the current scoring system.

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing 3-Point Dash on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)