IGNORED

VC 20 video enhancer

1 minute ago, evg2000 said:

mine is packed away, but it didn't have a power supply.

It appears that Data20 made a number of devices, of which the Videopak and the Display Manager are two different products that achieve pretty much the same results. The main difference may be that the Display Manager doesn't have any built-in RAM expansion, so it might not need just as much power. Still, you can use a cartridge expander to plug in both memory expansions, IEEE interfaces and 40/80 column interfaces (I've done that myself) at the same time without any need for external power but perhaps that maxes out how many amps the cartridge port can deliver.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. The cartridge I had (I just traded it) has 16Kb of RAM. Somewhere I found a file said it needed a 9VAC PSU - but that file had no photos at all, and I can't find it again.

My cartridge is different from any I can find a photo of. I had a perfect box, but no manual, and only the info printed on the box.

The cartridge looks like the photo evg2000 posted, but the PC boards is very different.

Again, many thinks for the help guys.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 4:06 AM, motrucker said:

Somewhere I found a file said it needed a 9VAC PSU - but that file had no photos at all, and I can't find it again.

This picture supposedly is of the Videopak:

http://www.nemetzpower.de/Denial/Data20-16k.jpg

As mentioned, use pins 1 and 3 on the bottom side for 9V input.