IGNORED

Does the Clockmaster truly Rule the Town?

Hello fellow animal crossers,

please allow me some political speaking within the fictional world of animal crossing.

So it is my personal believe that Tom Nook is pretty much the ruler of the town. It goes so far that citizens are careful not to cross him, by saying something like 'oh I don't want to undercut Tom Nook but do you want to buy this random item from me?'.

Think about it. He sucks you in with a good deal, and then he is in the position to force you to consent to go into deeper debt time and time again. This is bolshevism! He is a cruel ruler and transforms the town into a working camp, by enslaving you with your so called 'consent'. Why are you so cruel Tom Nook? You evil Tanooki with a heart of stone! Your dead eyes...

But here is the twist of the story. Tom Nook may be able to effectivly make you a slave, but a critical fact he seems to be unaware of is that you can control time. I could very easily time travel one hundred years into the future were Tom Nook surely must be dead (havent tried it yet). You could use your power to take over Tom Nooks buisiness monopole, and rule the town so the people can live freely without his evil schemes.

So I raise the question to you. Who is truly ruling the town? Tom Nook a merchant with his simplistic evil schemes or the Clockmaster with the godly power of time?

Please share your thoughts.

• Confused 1

Nah, you run the town.  You control who comes, who leaves, what the town looks like, the ordinances.    Tom Nook is just the banker.   But his loans aren't that hard to pay off and don't even accrue interest,  so I don't know where the idea he is evil comes from

Edited by zzip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zzip said:

Nah, you run the town.  You control who comes, who leaves, what the town looks like, the ordinances.    Tom Nook is just the banker.   But his loans aren't that hard to pay off and don't even accrue interest,  so I don't know where the idea he is evil comes from

The idea of evil, because you are forced to accept his 'offers'. It is a offer you cant decline. That is a godfather kind of thing. If it is so easy, how did you do it?

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Tom-Nook-glare.thumb.jpg.2a1500d92fab262e9aa1cf922572b151.jpg

CreamhovenAvatari.jpg.252a268586af0a3695

Beware! For I am the TIMEMASTER! I will travel 100 years into the future and dance on the ruins of your commerce empire. I will kick out all citizens of the town and enslave the newcomers as you once did. But before that I will erase every trace that you have ever existed. What are your bells good for now, NooK?! WHAT ARE YOUR BELLS GOOD FOR NOW!

739c3cb8a909fcdc44c23190d9b91841.jpg

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Your soul, your very soul, and I want a refund.

Tom-Nook-glare.thumb.jpg.2a1500d92fab262e9aa1cf922572b151.jpg

Okay, so you've got my soul. So what?! What are you going to do? I am the Clockmaster. My heart is black and made of stone!

(Can't give you a refund the inflation over 100 years has been crazy and I have already spent all my savings...)

Edited by Creamhoven