IGNORED

Ultra Vortek Beta Released

Albert

I have some of the early magazine reviews of Ultra Vortex, the screenshots shown look almost identical to the final...

Aside from the name change, on the player select screen the characters are above the creature, and the symbol to show a first match win is a skull instead of a triangle.

Another game I'd like to see an early beta release is Checkered Flag from when it was still being called "Redline Racing". 8)

• 4 months later...
I have some of the early magazine reviews of Ultra Vortex, the screenshots shown look almost identical to the final...  

Aside from the name change, on the player select screen the characters are above the creature, and the symbol to show a first match win is a skull instead of a triangle.

Another game I'd like to see an early beta release is Checkered Flag from when it was still being called "Redline Racing".  8)

Yes, I'd love to see the alpha/beta of "redline racers" show up. I've seen screenshots (like on the back of the Jaguar box) and also the movie of it on the 'Jag-ads' CD and it looks to be running at a much smoother frame rate (and possibly better control due to this) then the released version of 'Checkered Flag." Whether this is due to less polygons or whatever, I think it would end up being better than CF. It LOOKS better anyway, at least in the Jag-ads movie...

Hello,

To me, it looks like a different game, more abstract  

I have an advert of Telegames with a screenshot of the so called "Chequered FlagIIr" and this pic looks real good, but like I said it looks a lot different than the CF I know...

On the AtariTimes chat (see AA thread re: Lance Lewis chat) he said

that months had been spent tuning the handling of that game, and that it

was actually a lot better than it started off. I wonder if the same happened

with the graphics. I wish they'd have stuck with pure arcade racing, and

sorted out the view. Every view is wrong for me, how could it be so wrong?

I like the idea of an "abstract racer". A surreal racer sounds cool too. :)

Maybe that's just my frustration artistic side dreaming up inspirations.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Well, talking about arcade racer and handling....

Last week I received the game Super Burnout, and this game has the right ingredients!

Smooth, fast, and the handling is spot on, even though I steer before the turn is on screen, it just feels right (a little bit surreal......pardon)

Now, if CF had these (and some other) ingredients.....

I wonder if WTR is a good game, the reviews I've read differ so much from each other, I don't know what to believe, but that's another story

WTR was a good game - I purchased it when it became available. It satisfied my Virtua Racing needs at the time - a bit choppy but overall decent. My buddies and I went for best times on alot of the tracks.

Today you prob wouldnt play it as much - like alot of Jag stuff it has not aged like a fine wine ;)