IGNORED

Just starting a real collection, care to see?

bent_pin

16 minutes ago, jhd said:

I love that the collection includes the flyer and catalogue.

An eBay seller included it for free! I had to email him and tell him how much that little extra thing meant to me. He's got a customer for life.

As I add more to this thread, I will show off my other catalogs and manuals. I love the earthy Ataria art.

• Like 2

Loads of games.

Most of these were bought in bulk. Many work but all need to be cleaned and tested. Some will need to have EEPROMs replaced. I want to make replacement stickers for the ones missing them. No worries, I will mark them as refurbished, so nobody can mistake them for original.

More carts in follow-up posts.

20230505_192658.jpg

20230505_193610.jpg

Edited by bent_pin
correct typo

Loads of systems in need of TLC. Many will get new case components made out of wood or acrylic.

3 of these will be restored by students. Several more will be kept for future students. I will restore the rest. I've got more and I hope to be able to buy more every month.

I need more, so if you are interested in selling them by the pound, please PM.

Every one of these will be back in action soon enough.

20230505_201113.jpg

20230505_201732.jpg

• Like 1

There is a lot of potential in these little guys. I have another pile of 8 or 9 on the way. The 8 gold deluxe is purely for enjoying though.

I'm aiming to build a collection for a living museum project. I want it to be invitation-only and free for both average and underprivileged children by way of the public schools. Private schools can participate too, but their schools and parents can contribute.

They will be able to learn about generations of video games, how each works, and learn how to program for them.

This is going to take me a while but I'm off to a great start I think.

20230505_202613.jpg

20230505_202621.jpg

• Like 1

You have a great start to your collection. I have collected Atari 2600 games three times in my life and still do not have everything. There is a lot of original releases and now so many homebrew, hacks and downloadable roms, that very few people are able to keep up with it all. But that is what makes it fun and interesting. I learn of new stuff almost every week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've added a few boxes games to my collection. @bah @timdu @RB5200 you all might recognize a few of these titles personally.

I built the shelves from reclaimed wood so the cost less than nothing.

Next, I have to build shelving for several hundred loose carts, an absolute load of hardware, and some simply amazing artifacts that I purchased from other users who will get a shout-out in the next post.

IMG_20240521_031544~2.jpg

• Like 2