IGNORED

Reproduction boxes

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Title is self explanatory, Context/explanation is post #1.

Well I guess if you're not looking for anything specific. But I was thinking the title would have been better if it said "Looking for Reproduction of Atari 1200XL Computer Box", since I believe that is what you are after.

Else you might get something like this:

image.thumb.png.3f9becfb1a76adb5356ba8d7e405f2f9.png

I did do a Google search using that new title and it came up blank. Which falls inline with what @Beeblebrox was saying.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but taking a little more time to expand the title of a Topic is really worth the effort when you or someone else is searching for something specific at AtariAge many months or years from now. I know for you it was perfectly understandable as to what you were inferring, however that is not always going to be the case with someone else that isn't in your brain. Anyway I wish you the best on finding either a repro or maybe an original box in excellent shape :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mytek said:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but taking a little more time to expand the title of a Topic is really worth the effort when you or someone else is searching for something specific at AtariAge many months or years from now.

This is a Atari 8-bit computer forum, with a mention of 1200XL. Pretty self explanatory if you ask me. Doubt very much the 1200XL will fit into that SINGER box unless I take a hemmer to the 1200XL. But thanks for your input. I'll be more mindful.

Edited by Ricky Spanish
my grammar sucks.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

This is a Atari 8-bit computer forum, with a mention of 1200XL. Pretty self explanatory if you ask me.

Actually now that I think about, you are correct. I just wasn't connecting all the dots for some reason. I apologize.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Doubt very much the 1200XL will fit into that SINGER box unless I take a hemmer to the 1200XL. But thanks for your input. I'll be more mindful.

I do have a reputation for making stuff smaller than it was originally, so who knows ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Calling out all CAD & 3D printing wizards!

Not me, of course:  a) I am no wizard, and b) I have no 3D printer.

Two variants I see could happen:

One, CAD expert could create a file for, say, an 800XL case (IMHO the best, most elegant case design). And of course, the file for the 3D printer.

Two, a total redesign from scratch for an 800XL motherboard. Could be something similar to the MegaST case, for instance.

What say you?

On 4/28/2023 at 10:02 PM, mytek said:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, ... I know for you it was perfectly understandable as to what you were inferring, however that is not always going to be the case with someone else that isn't in your brain. 

I'm not trying to give you a hard time ... but what he was implying and what you inferred didn't match up. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1