IGNORED

Help me find the error in this typed-in 800 game.

emuxer0

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I typed-in this game I found in the

Digital ANALOG project; it worked, however in the version of the game in which the Atari has to guess your number, I have an error I can't fix. I have attached a ZIP file with both the ATR disk image and the BAS file. The listing and descriptioin of this game are at this address http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/an04/comp3.htm

comp3.zip

Hm...this is puzzling. Lines 35 and 95 are calling the printer (LPRINT), and line 40 is trying to read an channel that hasn't been defined with an OPEN statement (INPUT #1). It must have been an oversight as to what these are supposed to be doing. Was there a correction published in a following issue?

BTW line 40 contains a TRAP statement. You can remove this from the line to allow the computer to crash and report the error codes that it is getting that is causing the program to malfunction. It will crash on lines 35 and 95 unless a printer is online (error 138-Device Timeout), and will crash on line 40 because the program does not have an OPEN statement for channel #1 (error 133 - File or device is not open). There must be a missing line or something.