IGNORED

Inertia - new BBC conversion

Just noticed there is a new BBC to A8 conversion by Fandal: "Inertia". First impression - it looks like a Marble Madness or Spindizzy game in high resolution, black and white. But I have not played the game yet, so I might be wrong.   https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=8440

One thing to note: There is already a MOD-player for the A8 by MadTeam named Inertia...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Looks good in the pic - I guess it's a Marble Madness/Spindizzy type game.

On the subject - I guess nobody has had a go at Frak?  From memory it did use the 4 colour 320 mode though.  And the controls/mechanics were a bit clunky which made it unnecessarily harder than it should have been.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Just noticed there is a new BBC to A8 conversion by Fandal: "Inertia". First impression - it looks like a Marble Madness or Spindizzy game in high resolution, black and white. But I have not played the game yet, so I might be wrong.   https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=8440

One thing to note: There is already a MOD-player for the A8 by MadTeam named Inertia...

From I can tell, it's a combination maze and Marble Madness game. You have to collect tiles on each board. It is a large map so it appears some tiles cannot be collected until you get to the proper screen to approach the tile. Some of the tiles are above you without a way that I have found to get to them.

Unlike the ST version of Marble Madness, at least the perspective here is correct. 🙂 When I looked on YouTube, I noticed the starting screen had instructions but I could not find any instructions. Doing some online searching, I found the original BBC Micro image. It showed me a BASIC listing which printed out the instructions. I reformatted it and attached it to this message. 

It appears the Atari port done by Fandal supports the joystick unlike the original BBC Micro game. Therefore, the keyboard directions may not work on the Atari version.

Bob C

Inertia instructions.txt

• Thanks 2

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Inertia on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Thanks 1