IGNORED

Adding end labels?

video game addict

Anyone here stick end labels on their 5200 or 8-bit games? I've found 5200 carts that had handwritten titles, with whiteout on the end of the cart so you can read the title when they are stacked. I've also found 8-bit titles where someone had wrote on a piece of paper and then taped it to the end of all their 8-bit carts for the same purpose. The problem with this thou, was that some of these carts have had tape on them for many years, and the label & carts were discolored and nasty looking. I don't wont to mess up any of my carts, but I'm wondering if there is any easy way to label them that's not harmful?

It's soo hard to find what you're looking for when none of your carts have end labels. I'm about to put all my 5200 carts in a similar case as below, and it's gonna be worse than that one! :|

post-43-1065370272_thumb.jpg

I use Avery 1" x 2 5/8" lables. I made a template using Word, type in the name of the game, print it out, then cut it down a little so it just fits on the end of the 8bit cart.

The lable stays on very well but is easy to remove if you want it off; doesn't leave a sticky residue.

Mendon

Bags wouldn't be a bad idea! I hadn't really thought about that, but I think I'll buy some now! Mendon, I'm just wondering 10 years from now, if they still look ok or not. ;) I wouldn't of thought scotch tape would be harmful until I found carts with tape on them for the last 10 years. But I like the idea of printing out the labels like that too, at least they will look neat!

Bags wouldn't be a bad idea! I hadn't really thought about that, but I think I'll buy some now!  Mendon, I'm just wondering 10 years from now, if they still look ok or not. ;)  I wouldn't of thought scotch tape would be harmful until I found carts with tape on them for the last 10 years. But I like the idea of printing out the labels like that too, at least they will look neat!

Not sure; I'm sure they will yellow and such but you can also easily replace them at any time.

Only thing I'll add is: screw how the lables will look in 10yrs; when you get to be my age you just want to live another 10yrs. :D

Mendon