IGNORED

7800 UAV Mount Boards for NTSC now available at Brewing Academy!

-^CrossBow^-

I've posted some info about this over the past year but was told today, that The Brewing Academy now has the UAV mount boards in stock for purchase in their 7800 UAV section of the web store. The mount board isn't required to use a UAV in an NTSC 7800 but does provide an easier method of installing the UAV in a more consistent manner and also provides the chroma timing fix and replicated resistors and capacitor in place to provide an easy place to get your audio from.

TBA_78UAV_Mount.jpg.c9b85ede59d24bf89f5013877b5b224f.jpg

Here is are a couple of sample installs using the original ITC 7800 mount boards that I've been making and using for the past year to give you an idea on what it looks like when used:

pic3.thumb.jpg.360ada4cec82e738ba4d07d214065a5f.jpg

78_uav_profile_detail.thumb.jpg.af4b707c132febd195b16dcd92842de8.jpg

78_newUAV_detail.thumb.jpg.7c445d4a5e4c5f5f3a0e390570478bb9.jpg

There are two versions you can order this currently in place. You can order the UAV mount preassembled as a stand alone item in case you have a UAV basic board already and haven't yet installed it, or you can purchase a combo UAV basic + mount board together. I will create some short videos that show how to install the board soon as I can to help. In the meantime feel free to reach out to me or @MacRorie if you have questions about them or how to install.

https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/atari-7800/products/tba-ultimate-atari-video-uav-board-for-atari-7800

New installation procedures for the UAV using one of these mount boards can be found in the PDF attached or through my install video here:

UAV + Mount Board Installation Procedure on YT

UAV_Install_A7800_Mnt_Brd.pdf

Edited by -^CrossBow^-
Added link for installation video and PDF guides
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrVenkman said:

Is that mounting board tack-soldered by header pins directly to resistor legs? LOL, awesome idea. 

It is indeed... :) Was the easiest method I could think of that was also quite cost efficient and provide a solid anchor once in place.

For folks that really want it easy...if you remove the RF modulator, you can also remove the resistors as well. If you do that, the mount boards pins will line up with the original vias so you can just slot into those vias and solder it down.

There are vias for power and ground so you can solder wiring to that separately, it will also provide the power and ground to the UAV so you don't need to solder power and ground to the UAV pads. However, you can if you would rather do that too once the rest of it is in place and soldered down.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2023 at 1:16 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I've posted some info about this over the past year but was told today, that The Brewing Academy now has the UAV mount boards in stock for purchase in their 7800 UAV section of the web store. The mount board isn't required to use a UAV in an NTSC 7800 but does provide an easier method of installing the UAV in a more consistent manner and also provides the chroma timing fix and replicated resistors and capacitor in place to provide an easy place to get your audio from.

TBA_78UAV_Mount.jpg.c9b85ede59d24bf89f5013877b5b224f.jpg

Here is are a couple of sample installs using the original ITC 7800 mount boards that I've been making and using for the past year to give you an idea on what it looks like when used:

pic3.thumb.jpg.360ada4cec82e738ba4d07d214065a5f.jpg

78_uav_profile_detail.thumb.jpg.af4b707c132febd195b16dcd92842de8.jpg

78_newUAV_detail.thumb.jpg.7c445d4a5e4c5f5f3a0e390570478bb9.jpg

There are two versions you can order this currently in place. You can order the UAV mount preassembled as a stand alone item in case you have a UAV basic board already and haven't yet installed it, or you can purchase a combo UAV basic + mount board together. I will create some short videos that show how to install the board soon as I can to help. In the meantime feel free to reach out to me or @MacRorie if you have questions about them or how to install.

https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/atari-7800/products/tba-ultimate-atari-video-uav-board-for-atari-7800

This is exactly what I was waiting for, now it's time to pull the trigger. 

Thank you. 

I've just made public the installation video for this new mounting board option for the UAV. Again these boards aren't required, but hopefully the video demonstrates the usefulness of these mount boards for those looking to have an all in one setup for installing a UAV into their 7800s.

• Like 4