IGNORED

Sears Telegames Speedway IV - Trying to find manual

thevnaguy

5 hours ago, swlovinist said:

congrats on getting one of these friend.   What would consider harder to find, This pong unit or the Telstar Galaxy?

I know the question wasn't for me but I'll chime in anyway. 😜

IMO the Telstar Galaxy is probably harder to find. Anecdotally, I actually have two Speedway IVs (one has issues) and historically they've been known to pop up from time to time, although admittedly it's been a while since I've seen one. Conversely, the first Telstar Galaxy I recall seeing come up for sale in a long time was the one I completely lucked into on eBay a month and a half ago (just after MGC!--it was really cool meeting you there, by the way!).

Market conditions at the times of their releases might bear this out, as well (1977 vs. 1978).

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 9:06 AM, swlovinist said:

congrats on getting one of these friend.   What would consider harder to find, This pong unit or the Telstar Galaxy?

Sorry for the late reply, i am bad about checking forums and mail :P.   I think the Telstar Galaxy would be the harder to find.  I have seen at least two of the Speedway IV before (although long ago before I began actively collecting again).  But I have never seen a Telstar Galaxy (even back in the day).  I only found out about it from when you did a video :P.  

• Like 2