IGNORED

Taddy 1000 BGI driver

jhd

I was recently sifting through a box of old floppy disks that I last used in 1998 (I am clearing out a storage unit).

I found the Tandy 1000 BGI driver.  I have no recollection of where I originally obtained this -- all I can remember is that it was not part of the standard package that shipped with the compilers.

Taddy 1000 BGI driver.ZIP

• Like 1

Using ChatGPT 4, this was all that i could gather from my question. Perhaps this info may help.

The Borland Graphics Interface (BGI) was typically included as part of Borland's programming language compilers, such as Turbo Pascal and Turbo C. It was a library that provided a standardized set of graphics routines that developers could use to create graphics for a variety of different hardware platforms.

If a specific BGI driver for the Tandy 1000 was developed, it would likely have been included as part of the Borland compiler package, or perhaps as part of a software development kit (SDK) for the Tandy 1000. If it was not included with the original software package, it may have been sold as an add-on or supplemental disk, perhaps directly from Borland or through a third party.

In terms of how it was sold, it was common in that era for such software to be sold in physical stores, by mail order, or directly from the manufacturer. The software would typically come on floppy disks, along with printed documentation.