IGNORED

SVC Chaos

JagMX

also known as SNK vs CAPCOM in the arcades

Saw this in the arcades last night - the controls are terrible and icouldnt get into it at all

there are just 4 buttons - the top 2 Weak Punch- Weak Kick -- Bottom Strong Punch and Strong Kick

not easy to play especially when just about every other fighting game i nthe cade's has the punches on the top and the kicks on the bottom

- anyone play this game yet? or know what im talkin about? :D

Strange button arrangement... I would have thought they'd use the "row of punches, row of kicks" arrangement that most other games use (including previous Capcom Vs. SNK games).

I though the game looked pretty good, but I have yet to play it. I liked the Capcom Vs. SNK games, but I never much liked the mechanics of SNK's fighters, which I'm guessing SVC Chaos works off of.

Any word on a Dreamcast port yet? I heard they were considering it...

--Zero

Saw this in the arcades last night - the controls are terrible and icouldnt get into it at all

there are just 4 buttons - the top 2 Weak Punch- Weak Kick -- Bottom Strong Punch and Strong Kick

not easy to play especially when just about every other fighting game i nthe cade's has the punches on the top and the kicks on the bottom

The button layout to this game is either the standard straight across, or 2 on top, two on bottom.

The game has problems with hitboxes, throws, infinities, secret characters being better then the normal characters, and in general, is kinda lame for two player play. the 1 player mode is still sweet. There's also issues with move sensitivity, like some give you some leeway, but others with the same motion, will be a pain to get out.

So it's a mixed bag. Crappy 2 player mode, but sweet 1 player mode.

The button layout to this game is either the standard straight across' date=' or 2 on top, two on bottom.

The game has problems with hitboxes, throws, infinities, secret characters being better then the normal characters, and in general, is kinda lame for two player play. the 1 player mode is still sweet. There's also issues with move sensitivity, like some give you some leeway, but others with the same motion, will be a pain to get out.

So it's a mixed bag. Crappy 2 player mode, but sweet 1 player mode.[/quote']

gettin out moves isnt that easy ;), mainly the special shit. But the button arrangment shouldve at least had the traditional way that so many gamers are used to. It looks good and its alright overall, but i just couldnt play it - once it comes out on the systems at least ill be able to customize it :)

So is Mega Man in this one?

No, but Zero is ;) He is also considered to be one of the top 2 characters, and far better then damn near the entire cast, due to the fact nearly all of his moves leave him completely safe against the "guard cancel front step", basically an invincible dash that you can attack out of. Add that to his cyber elf traps, his land mine traps, his unblockable super moves, his infinity, and he's a monster.

Geese is arguably worse though.