IGNORED

Creamhoven and the Evil Nooker - a saturnian tale (SNES Mode 0 homebrew announcement)

3 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Yes you can. :D

Okay, I'm going to redo it then. We have a nice cover, a good story and great technology. Soon we will have a great title screen as well. After that we should look into making an intro sequence and later I'm going to work on the soundtrack. What kind of audio quality can we do? What format is needed?

Edited by Creamhoven

1 minute ago, Creamhoven said:

Wow that's great, I hope to match this quality. I like it how it is but you can't see the Evil Nooker.

Yeah, that's a great point. We need a higher quality image without the titles and then I can add better titles that let us see the Nooker.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

And the new SNES Mode-3-accurate title screen (Note: It's all just done in two images, but parts could actually be overlaid sprites too, for some motion and stuff):

NewTitle.gif.e92bb0ae8c5163999681d0e1a8d0a5f4.gif

Time to take over the world. . . .

Okay, now we have to do an opening sequence to show off mode 0.

As a cost cutting method, our total disregard for any copyrighted material and the borrowing of assets is off the charts. As a veritable industry expert, my keen eye was able to spot some of these occurrences, like the character from the Plumberman series and the Tetris blocks. But we might want to think of a contingency plan in the event that some of our audience would spot these also (however unlikely).

I propose we insert "placeholder concept, art, music, gameplay, design, game"-text on all our promotional material, in very very small print. That should protect us from any nastiness and misunderstandment for our great endeavour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wayler said:

As a cost cutting method, our total disregard for any copyrighted material and the borrowing of assets is off the charts. As a veritable industry expert, my keen eye was able to spot some of these occurrences, like the character from the Plumberman series and the Tetris blocks. But we might want to think of a contingency plan in the event that some of our audience would spot these also (however unlikely).

I propose we insert "placeholder concept, art, music, gameplay, design, game"-text on all our promotional material, in very very small print. That should protect us from any nastiness and misunderstandment for our great endeavour.

Okay I'll add it when we are ready to promote.

Here is a intro sequence:

dmckfjfiv.gif

Okay so here is my idea for the start of the game. First the opening sequence:

dmckfjfiv.gif

Then the title screen:

NewTitle.gif.e92bb0ae8c5163999681d0e1a8d

The game begins in the Evil Nookers Mansion:

You encounter the Evil Nooker and there is an altercation:

dmdmdd.png

Then comes the first cutscene:

smwmckfkf.gif

And the first gameplay hunting down the Evil Nooker:

dmsmfvee.png

33 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

Just waking up so I'm sure I missed something.

Is this different from the Mode 0 used in Yoshi's Island, Earthbound and a few others?

https://sneslab.net/wiki/Mode_0

Nope, it's the same Mode 0.

It's also used for the 3D flying sections in The Lawnmower Man on SNES and a small handful of other examples too.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Creamhoven said:

Do you know where in Yoshi's Island mode 0 is used?

Only in the room with lots of pillars just prior to the Baby Bowser fight near the end of the game, at least that I'm aware of. It's not a particularly exciting use of the fours layers imo, but it was the first example I found using Mode 0 and helped convince me it was worth investigating further.

Edit: Oops! I forgot, it's also used in the intro cutscense too. Probably a better example than just a room full of pillars imo, that's both subtle and effective.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
  • Like 1

2. Shigeru Miyamoto (Gameplay Design):

31404119_10155768700644332_3271492983253

Why Shigeru Miyamoto? Well, he happens to be the most prolific designer of play-control. Although he has a past of violent fantasies which are reflected in games like Doki-Doki Panic (high speed animal abuse from ridiculously strong protagonists, pulling vegetables out of the ground like it is nothing), he has overcome his issues and might be up to the challenge.

His CQ (creativity quotient) is at over 425 and he has worked with the best in the business. He is very experienced as you can see in this video: