IGNORED

Gunlord

neogeo1982

Not run and gun like Metal Slug. I like the exploring to find all the gems. 200 on just the first screen? The morphball and bombs killed me immediately. Up direction to stop it instead of jump took me a minute. So many different guns to try out. Very much an arcade game, I wonder how close this is to the Neo Geo version. Bright colorful art with the effects and backgrounds. Limited life bar and lives, this is gonna take a lot of practice to beat. I think I'll post my scores here as I work through this one.

IMG_20230524_152102747.thumb.jpg.2c130512a604b5d798caea2f9911f292.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 3:33 PM, neogeo1982 said:

Not run and gun like Metal Slug. I like the exploring to find all the gems. 200 on just the first screen? The morphball and bombs killed me immediately. Up direction to stop it instead of jump took me a minute. So many different guns to try out. Very much an arcade game, I wonder how close this is to the Neo Geo version. Bright colorful art with the effects and backgrounds. Limited life bar and lives, this is gonna take a lot of practice to beat. I think I'll post my scores here as I work through this one.

IMG_20230524_152102747.thumb.jpg.2c130512a604b5d798caea2f9911f292.jpg

I might be wrong on this, but I believe the Dreamcast version was released before the Neo-Geo version? I own this game and think it is quite awesome! I especially like the soundtrack but it is very difficult for my skills and I've never managed to make it all that far.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's highly similar to the early turrican games imo. It feels more like an old side scroller for the Amiga or dos than it does an arcade game imo.  I think the neo geo version came out before -or in any case they were released at a similar time. I know ngdev has periodically had supply chain issues with getting their neo geo carts manufactured and into the hands of buyers. My impression is the game is identical except for the use of CD audio instead of more compressed audio on the neo geo rom cart.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
17 hours ago, Rhomaios said:

This is one of the better Neo Dev games imo. While I sold all my Neo Dev stuff years ago, this was the last one to go.

I was thinking about Kraut Buster after I play this one awhile longer. Not sure about their shooters though. The shooters from them all look kinda the same. Maybe I'll try one of them if I come across something not over priced.

On 3/6/2024 at 8:50 AM, neogeo1982 said:

I was thinking about Kraut Buster after I play this one awhile longer. Not sure about their shooters though. The shooters from them all look kinda the same. Maybe I'll try one of them if I come across something not over priced.

Ah, I had already stopped paying attention to them when Kraut Buster came out. I think I wrote it off as a Metal Slug rip off, but that might not be a fair assessment, I don't know.

Neo XYX was a decent shooter.

• Thanks 1