IGNORED

Electronic Arts' Movie Maker Data Disk

Allan

Does anybody have an original (physical) copy of EA's Movie Maker? Later in it's production, EA added addition animation by Graham Wilson on the second data disk included with the package. Can you see if you have this disk. The ATRs/ATXs that are out there on the Net seem to be older versions of the data disks.

EA_Movie_Maker_box.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

I have an original copy of this.  How will I know if the disk has the additional animations?  It was a Christmas gift many years ago. 🙂

In the credits you should see Graham Wilson if you have the later version.

4 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Is the data disk really protected - therefore ATX required ? 

(All my MM datadisks/examples with lots of animations are unprotected.)

If so @DjayBee can you create an unprotected ATR from that ATX?

I was able to convert it to ATR using a8rawconv.exe v0.94, the following quote would have indicated any issues caused by copy protection anomalies.

Movie Maker (1985)(Ariolasoft)(GB)(Disk 1 of 2 Side B).atr

a8rawconv.exe "Movie Maker (1985)(Ariolasoft)(GB)(Disk 1 of 2 Side B).atx" "Movie Maker (1985)(Ariolasoft)(GB)(Disk 1 of 2 Side B).atr"
A8 raw disk conversion utility v0.94
Copyright (C) 2014-2020 Avery Lee, All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2 or later.

Writing single density ATR file: Movie Maker (1985)(Ariolasoft)(GB)(Disk 1 of 2 Side B).atr

Edited by BillC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I've recently been archiving some vintage floppies and happened to see this thread.  I have the "updated" US version of Movie Maker and I've attached 2 ATR files: 

1 - Program Disk, Side 2, which auto-boots and seems to be the same as the disk already posted above.

2 - Data Disk, Side 2, contains additional Gahan Wilson animation files for BDAY and XMAS which were not included on Side 2 of the Program Disk.

Atari 800 connected to PC w/SIO2PC Cable running registered APE-->CopyMate 4.4 (D1:)-->1050 drive with Duplicator (D2:)-->APE ATR Image (D3:)

Both of these disk sides are unprotected.

MM_QR.jpg

Movie Maker - EA - Data Disk, Side 2.atr Movie Maker - EA - Program Disk, Side 2.atr

• Like 5

@Agent570 Do you have a scanner? Could you possible scan that whole reference card you posted?

OK. Never mind. Turns out the one I scanned years ago was the second version. I need to hunt down a copy of the first one without the Wilson animation.

https://archive.org/details/moviemakercommandsummaryelectronicarts/mode/2up

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 3:20 AM, Agent570 said:

Hi folks,

I've recently been archiving some vintage floppies and happened to see this thread.  I have the "updated" US version of Movie Maker and I've attached 2 ATR files: 

1 - Program Disk, Side 2, which auto-boots and seems to be the same as the disk already posted above.

2 - Data Disk, Side 2, contains additional Gahan Wilson animation files for BDAY and XMAS which were not included on Side 2 of the Program Disk.

Atari 800 connected to PC w/SIO2PC Cable running registered APE-->CopyMate 4.4 (D1:)-->1050 drive with Duplicator (D2:)-->APE ATR Image (D3:)

Both of these disk sides are unprotected.

MM_QR.jpg

Movie Maker - EA - Data Disk, Side 2.atr 90.02 kB · 9 downloads Movie Maker - EA - Program Disk, Side 2.atr 90.02 kB · 9 downloads

Would you share other disks too? Thanks!

8 hours ago, Philsan said:

Would you share other disks too? Thanks!

The latest a8sp 2023-05-17 software release has verified images of all 4 disks for the 1985 Electronics Arts version. It also has the 1982 US 2 disk Reston Publishing and 1985 GB 4 disk Ariolasoft versions.

• Like 1