IGNORED

Going on a 1 month hiatus

Shaggy the Atarian

Well, this will most likely be my last post around here until Thanksgiving, as I'm leaving tomorrow for Brazil where I'll be staying for a little over a month...visiting old friends, doing a little sight seeing and of all things, getting married :love: She's a Brazilian and lives down there, and fortunately she likes to play video games. :wink: I probably won't be able to access the net often though, but if I do I'll pass by here for sure. And if I find any Atari games down there, I'll be sure to bring them back with me :D I wonder how rare an Atari game would be here if the label was printed in Portuguese? Anyways, one question before I go. Should I take one of my Atari systems down with me? She won't be there 24/7 of course so I'll have some downtime without anything to do so I was thinking about this. And it would be great to introduce her to some Atari goodness :D Any suggestions as to which one to take and recommended games? I may not end up taking one, but just in case I'd like to have a few suggestions. Thanks and I'll be around here sometime :)

Hello Shaggy!!!

Glad to hear that you´re going to marry a brazilian lady that likes videogames. Mine doesn´t like games very much. :(

Are you goingTo which location here on Brazil ?!

If you´re going to pass near Pantanal, let me know.

:)

I Wish the best for you and your wife.

Now this will be my last post...from the States at least :) I'll try and drop by if possible but I'll be worried about some more important things :D

Thanks for your support guys! It's exciting and scary to go through, but it'll be great as soon as I get there. I'll be going to Minas Gerais and staying mostly in Contagem, MG, which is right by Belo Horizonte. Where's Pantanal? When I lived down there before I remember seeing one game mag that someone had tht was from '95 or something that talked about the Jag but I never ran into anyone that actually had one.

I gotta agree with Linkovich on this one. A hot Brazillian game player! Woo Wee! You are a lucky man Shaggy. I wish you the best in your marriage.  

P.S. She got any sisters?

:wink:

She has one, but she's almost 16. She's pretty cute already though. My soon-to-be is a hottie as well, and I was so happy to find out that she likes video games! It's one of those rare, 'perfect' combinations. That will certainly make things smoother in the future :P I'll have to post a pic up of her when I get back 8)

Well, I've got to run now, I've got a flight to catch. Thanks again and don't have too much fun while I'm gone :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Brazil!

Just dropping by quickly to see how things are going here...it's amazing how many new posts can come up here while you go away for a little while. :P I made it safely to Brazil, and finally found a 'cyber cafe' where I can use the net occasionally, and for cheap too! So far I haven't seen any Atari related items down here, although I'll be honest in that I haven't been spending too much time doing that ;) But if everything here goes well I'll be married on the 8th of November....I hate waiting though. :( It's been a blast being here again though, and it's quite hot. Well, I'll drop by again soon.