IGNORED

Representing the Atari 2600 and 6502/6507 programing

Hello all, it's been some time since I've posted on the forums. But now I have a cool story (at lest i find it cool) I wanted to share with everyone here. 

I recently attended a top secret annual conference meet up in Chicago (my first time visiting the city) known as Thotcon. This conference lasted 2 days and is a meet up for network security workers and generally anyone in IT, tinkerers or white hat hackers. There were many talks and seminars on various computer and networking subjects as well as other activities.  I was invited by my good friend whom we will refer as Mr. E to participate in what they call a "village". This particular village (one of several) I had suggested the name ASMb1337 because my buddy wanted me to expose modern coders to the old ways and help get their feet wet with some old school coding. We have a website  www.hacknwa.org which simply links to the required resources to code 6502 assembly that attendees could download and try out. For the event Mr. E  had me code a simple 4k demo scene with some music to show off our groups local logo that moves on screen. The source code was available to attendees and their goal was to modify the code, recompile and be a stable build to win a prize. The prize was a blank NES cart dev board that they could use to experiment further with 6502 but this time for the NES. It was a ton of fun and I would love to do it again. That said, there was one thing I had wished to do with the demo that I never finished with. Although it works fine as is, I had wanted to implement a sort of parabolic motion to the logo so as it would slow down before reversing direction and speed up when in the middle of the screen. I wondered  if anyone here wouldn't mind to take up the task to implement this feature. My coding is mediocre at best and I'm not near as seasoned as many here so I know the code looks weak but it works. So here are a few pics including my good friend who got me involved and a few for the event. The source and 2 different builds to do something different. Credits go to Paul Slocum for his wonderful music engine and web based tracker. Music is credited to another good friend of mine who goes by the handle The Thunder Lizzard. included the music and song player headers.

IMG_20230520_114832182_HDR2.jpg

IMG_20230520_114855668_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230520_114916563.jpg

hacknwa.asm hacknwa.bin hackNWA2.bin song.h songplay.h

IMG_20230527_201238299[1].jpg

Edited by grafixbmp
incomplete post
  • Like 2