IGNORED

It's 2023! What are our current choices for Intellivision II controllers or adapters to allow other controllers to be used?

You can make a fairly simple wiring adapter, that would allow you to use something like a CX-40 on the Intellivision...which would offer up to 8-way directional control and 1 button.  How well the directional control works (diagonals and such) is game dependent.  

There are a couple guys that are selling small joystick controllers through Etsy/Facebook.  One is sold with a conventional 8-way joystick, and no extra circuitry, so directional control is game dependent as to what games it can be used for.  The other one adds a battery pack to power extra internal circuitry, so that it should be 8-way compliant for all games.  

I've made a few large arcade controllers for the Intellivison, details can be found in my post HERE

@RockLobster if you have flashback controllers I make an extension / adapter cable..   it's not in this picture but now that I make an Odyssey 2 / Atari 2600 adapter cable, I'm branding these with a running man for INTV version and O2 logo for the Odyssey 2 versions..  just PM me if you are interested.  

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8e9e2aa507f8908b2b1fa5b96b7a9b87.jpg\\

Also Cote Games makes a great 2609 adapter kit as well that gives it two DB9 ports like the INTV2 and Sears Super Arcade.  You would still need the adapter cable above though if you wanted to use Flashback controllers.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, doubledown said:

I've made a few large arcade controllers for the Intellivison, details can be found in my post HERE

That beast looks absolutely incredible and polished!

8 minutes ago, Caleb Garner said:

I'm branding these with a running man for INTV version and O2 logo for the Odyssey 2 versions..  just PM me if you are interested.

Awesome, do you have an online store?

58 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Awesome, do you have an online store?

All my stuff is on ebay, but if you order direct I can get you a discount because of "the man" :)   

Just PM me and I'll make you some if you like.  I have cables in stock right now.  Making those Odyssey / 2600 adapter cables gave me a good reason to resupply as there was a lull in demand for these in the INTV community.. 

49 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

So are there non Intellivision flashback adapters for the INTV2?

the intellivision flashback made back around 2014 IIRC..  offered db9 female ends and were very well made replications (dare i say, better?) of the originals.  however, while the port is physically compatible, it wouldn't work with a Sears Super Video Arcade or INVTV2 because honestly someone f'd up.. lol.   hell it was a massive missed business opportunity to just sell the dang controllers..  anywho..  my adapter cable acts as an extension + rewires things so you can play with the flashback controllers which were made for the Flashback Intellivision console to work with the original systems that have DB9 ports.  

On 5/30/2023 at 1:10 PM, RockLobster said:

I found the Long Play Disc Controller to be one option.

and it's a cool option for sure.  I have one of these.  I like it.  I felt like it played well when I used it with Lock 'n Chase..  handed banking well.  felt responsive.   I still tend to go back to the original though most of the time, just mostly out of habit and nostalgia, but really I should use it more to be kinder to those original controllers. 

1 hour ago, Caleb Garner said:

my adapter cable acts as an extension + rewires things so you can play with the flashback controllers

Right.  I did a poor job of explaining my ask.  I get that you sell adapters that lets one use Intv Flashback controllers on the INTV2 and compatible.

I was wondering if there are adapters to allow one to use controllers from other systems like Atari/Sega/ColecoVision/etc like how the Atari 7800 MEGA Adapter allows Genesis controllers to be used on the Atari 7800.

58 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

I was wondering if there are adapters to allow one to use controllers from other systems like Atari/Sega/ColecoVision/etc like how the Atari 7800 MEGA Adapter allows Genesis controllers to be used on the Atari 7800.

Not to my knowledge.  I'm just not sure it's easily done.  Odyssey / 2600 were very similar in design / scope so it was not tough to rewire for 2600..  but the intellivision has more complex pin combinations due to the number pad at 16 directions..  that said someone much smarter than me has likely figured out a way..  :)