IGNORED

HSC20 Round 10: FROGGER II:THREEDEEP

copied all of this from last time as I did such a good job. 2nd post has the hints post :!:

FROGGER II:THREEDEEP

image.gif.6a88a5bfd47c42edb6c24d566def3bd7.gif

image.gif.4b0f33c548ebd467f218d07e99d9ce1d.gifimage.gif.5c342cfb94835be282f86b47583d6b1f.gif

One of my favourite games, the multi stage frogger! Get hopping and grab those super bonuses to boost your scores. Extra features on each level and progressive difficulty make this a winner.

Fandal XEX

Atarimania has lots of info (also has a Canadian version!)

atarihq.com has the 5200 manual and archive.org has the A8 manual

Brief guide: Amass bonuses for the bubbles on the first stage. To get to the 2nd screen you hop to the top of the first screen logs (not in the berths) to get to the 3rd screen hop onto the mother duckers back. Save some of the first screen berths for when you are short of time as you can fall back to here. Try and get all the pads on the 2nd stage for the super bonus. POST #2 (below) has lots more info.

Have fun, I will, and I bet you'll all be singing that theme tune from now on ;)

HOP ON, JOIN IN, FALL OFF!

Round ends WEDNESDAY 14th June 8pm UK time

No bonus game this time but we'll have a theme round next time with a set of games.

Bonus challenges (play during your regular goes!)

Highest score on level 1 in 1 man

Highest score on the first frog - NEW>>> berthing on each of the three screens (play on three different goes) so one on the log, one in the boat and one in the sky ;)

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, therealbountybob said:

Some F23D info from previous HSC rounds:

atariksi: "One more hint: In the cloud screen, you can bounce of the dragon if you hit the white part on the top of the dragon; otherwise, it kills you if you touch a single pixel of him. "

balleyalley: I'm glad that we did this fun challenge, as I learned when the stork appears with the bonus frog (free man). It's because I was able to get this free frog each game that I was able to reach this score.

trbb: So there's a funny thing... Frogger II:Threedeep a game I know and love and have played a lot... I drop some point grabbing hints; ballyalley explores... I double take on the last line and then fire it up to confirm... so I've been wondering why you sometimes get a 10K etc tune and no extra life... turns out I've never collected the little frog from the stork! I've been avoiding everything that moves and assumed it was a baddie! and this explains why sometimes mother ducker treads water instead of patrolling her offspring.

trbb: Yes, the turtle is definately useful mode of transport, on higher levels the current is too strong for lill' old frogger...

I played one final go, seemed to be a stork at 10k, 20k and 40k but the duck didn't tread water this time - maybe she was stuck in the middle of the ducks before but I'm sure she seemed to be waiting to indicate that I should jump on her (for the stork)...

----------------------------------------------------------

not that we take our games seriously or anything :D

Also added some links to the manuals,the 5200 manual is best,  worth a good read for the eel pun alone. I didn't know this:

"He pays a certain price for it, though, because for each butterfly he gobbles, a hole opens (or widens) in the cloud -- a hole that Frogger might fall through! "

nor this:

"There are nine levels in all. "

A couple of us reached level 7 last time! Can we get a bit further? Probably not ?

On 6/4/2023 at 1:56 PM, McKong said:

Mckong Jnrs Royce (6) 20159 Level 3 Jack (4) 2575

Jack only had one quick go, he thinks he can do better 😀

Good work McKong Clan :thumbsup:

On 6/4/2023 at 4:32 PM, RedThunder said:

I'll get her to create an account ;-)  ...  Might be useful for those tight voting moments. Bit of voting duress ;-)

I hear she really likes Kendallsoft's games :D

On 6/4/2023 at 6:47 PM, carlsson said:

Frogger II: 17489 pts (and I'm ready to get my ass kicked by a 6 year old)

that's the spirit C :thumbsup:

On 6/6/2023 at 7:28 AM, AtariSphinx said:

Frogger 2 Threedeep: 26,478

First time playing this one on any system.   Now understand why it's Threedeep!

:cool:

On 6/6/2023 at 7:42 AM, MichaG said:

Level 1: 10,780

Frog 1: 22,835

Highscore: 38,915

:thumbsup:

Had a session, was forgetting to get the extra lives when you hear the sound - go to the sky screen - think the 2nd post hints cover this :)

1st Frog 3,164 (that was on 1st screen only, yes MichaG has the plan go for the super bonus on the lilly pads ;)

1st Level 14,390 (score at start of level 2 think I fell off once but didn't die :ponder:;)

Score 50,836 (lv4) looks like McKong has thrown down the gauntlet already :!:

New poll tomorrowish looking for games not HSC played before - anyone?

Photo4194.jpg

Photo4193.jpg

Photo4195.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/6/2023 at 6:45 PM, therealbountybob said:

Good work McKong Clan :thumbsup:

I hear she really likes Kendallsoft's games :D

that's the spirit C :thumbsup:

:cool:

:thumbsup:

Had a session, was forgetting to get the extra lives when you hear the sound - go to the sky screen - think the 2nd post hints cover this :)

1st Frog 3,164 (that was on 1st screen only, yes MichaG has the plan go for the super bonus on the lilly pads ;)

1st Level 14,390 (score at start of level 2 think I fell off once but didn't die :ponder:;)

Score 50,836 (lv4) looks like McKong has thrown down the gauntlet already :!:

New poll tomorrowish looking for games not HSC played before - anyone?

That gave me the idea we can have a bonus challenge of the highest score for the first frog berthing on each of the three screems (will need to be on separate goes) - have added to 1st post ;)