IGNORED

Caramujo RELEASED (game for atari 2600)

kikipdph

22 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Thank you for freely sharing your game with the community. Donation left and AA Custom Cart order placed. 🙂

Share the picture when you get the cartridge. I'll also order one for myself later because I think this game deserves to be on a cartridge. I've heard that Atari Age is a bit slow, but what can you do 🙂Thank you very much for the donation

Edited by kikipdph

3 minutes ago, kikipdph said:

Share the picture when you get the cartridge.

Will do.

I'll also order one for myself later because I think this game deserves to be on a cartridge.

100% agree!

I've heard that Atari Age is a bit slow, but what can you do 🙂

Al may still be working on getting all of the latest carts shipped out to the community.  

• Like 1

I feel very happy to have collaborated a little with this game by doing tests on my Atari consoles. I also hope one day to order a cartridge for this game so that it will stand out in my collection and better honor this excellent game.

• Like 3

This game is even more fun to play than it has been to watch! The mechanical uniqueness, and the wonderful graphics make this a fun addition to platformers available on the system. Thank you for making it available!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Karl G said:

This game is even more fun to play than it has been to watch! The mechanical uniqueness, and the wonderful graphics make this a fun addition to platformers available on the system. Thank you for making it available!

Exactly, the game is much more enjoyable to play than to watch. Even though I made it myself and I love playing it :) The game has potential, and it's very possible that it will have a sequel.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 11:40 PM, kikipdph said:

Exactly, the game is much more enjoyable to play than to watch. Even though I made it myself and I love playing it :) The game has potential, and it's very possible that it will have a sequel.

As much I enjoyed the graphics of this game, I find it a bit slow for my taste. Any chance that the sequel will have a faster snail? I can imagine a "Caramujo Turbo" or something. :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, r_chase said:

As much I enjoyed the graphics of this game, I find it a bit slow for my taste. Any chance that the sequel will have a faster snail? I can imagine a "Caramujo Turbo" or something. :3

If people like this game, there will likely be a sequel. The sequel has two ideas: in one, the main character would be a hedgehog so that it wouldn't be slow, and the other would be "Caramujo Brutal," where a snail would go with a handheld grenade launcher and blow up, for example, a hedgehog with blood animation. :)

This current game has been created to be as unique and original as possible, which is difficult in today's time. I am aware that some people may not like the fact that the snail is slow, but I believed that this kind of game needed to exist.

• Like 7

On 6/7/2023 at 9:23 AM, kikipdph said:

I am aware that some people may not like the fact that the snail is slow, but I believed that this kind of game needed to exist.

The speed of the snail is what I like about the game. My wife and I are taking turns, playing the game as I write this. Looking forward to your next game.🙂

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

The speed of the snail is what I like about the game. My wife and I are taking turns, playing the game as I write this. Looking forward to your next game.🙂

Did you manage to finish the game? One person has completed it and sent me a picture of the game ending.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Caramujo is going to make its physical debut at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo@Atariboy2600 (John Calcano) has created an absolutely stunning box for Caramujo, here's a render (click for a larger view):

2600_Caramujo_Render_Boxes.jpg

If you're not able to attend the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, Caramujo will be available in the AtariAge Store after the show.

..Al

• Like 8