IGNORED

Defective videocades

So, I have recently acquired 2 copies of Artillery Duel from 2 separate lots. Unfortunately, both copies do exactly the same thing. Once the cart is inserted into my console and I hit the reset button, the title does not appear in the list of games. Does this videocade notoriously fail or did I just get really unlucky with both of these copies? I have leaned the contacts on the videocade, but still no change. Has anyone successfully resurrected their defective Artillery Duel videocade?

Edited by vintage_gamer
punctuation error correction
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, vintage_gamer said:

Once the [Artillery Duel ] is inserted into my console and I hit the reset button, the title does not appear in the list of games. Does this videocade notoriously fail or did I just get really unlucky with both of these copies?

I've never had just one cartridge fail on me like you're describing.  Perhaps you can ask about this over on the Bally Alley discussion group on groups.io.

Adam

21 hours ago, vintage_gamer said:

So, I have recently acquired 2 copies of Artillery Duel from 2 separate lots. Unfortunately, both copies do exactly the same thing. Once the cart is inserted into my console and I hit the reset button, the title does not appear in the list of games. Does this videocade notoriously fail or did I just get really unlucky with both of these copies? I have leaned the contacts on the videocade, but still no change. Has anyone successfully resurrected their defective Artillery Duel videocade?

That's interesting, the only BNIB version of Artillery Duel I own was also dead out of the box, I'm wondering if there was a bad batch or if all of them (AD) are prone to failure?

• 2 weeks later...

Do all of your other cartridges work on your system?  I have had issues before that I was able to fix.  I saw that you cleaned the contacts.  I would try cleaning again with rubbing alcohol on a qtip.  If that doesn't help you can open up the cartridge by unscrewing, it and then try to clean the contacts with a pencil eraser.  

It has been a long time since I have messed with my Astrocade.  I believe that I had some carts that didn't work, and I cleaned the contacts on the system itself with a qtip with rubbing alcohol but I could be thinking of a different system.

On 6/4/2023 at 5:39 PM, 128Kgames said:

That's interesting, the only BNIB version of Artillery Duel I own was also dead out of the box, I'm wondering if there was a bad batch or if all of them (AD) are prone to failure?

That is what I was curious about, I suppose Allen chiming in telling us that this Videocade is prone to failure. Bummer, I will have to find myself another copy, preferably one that works.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:48 PM, holygrailvideogames.com said:

Do all of your other cartridges work on your system?  I have had issues before that I was able to fix.  I saw that you cleaned the contacts.  I would try cleaning again with rubbing alcohol on a qtip.  If that doesn't help you can open up the cartridge by unscrewing, it and then try to clean the contacts with a pencil eraser.  

It has been a long time since I have messed with my Astrocade.  I believe that I had some carts that didn't work, and I cleaned the contacts on the system itself with a qtip with rubbing alcohol but I could be thinking of a different system.

Ye, all of my other carts work just fine. Only the Artillery Duel Videocade doesn't show up in the list of games. 

• 7 months later...