IGNORED

Unlockable Madness!

JagMX

Geez, i dont remember any other game with as much shit to buy/unlock in Soul Calibur 2 - not to mention the things to watch, how many times you have to beat it to get everything and so on - Man i remember there was a lot of shit to do in Soul Calibur on the DC but not as much as this -

and i thought RAW 2 had tons of shit to unlock ;)

But at least it adds for prolonged gameplay and fun :)

Have you ever played Vanishing Point on the Dreamcast? As far as I can tell, about 95% of the game is locked from the start. Unfortunately, unlocking crap in that game was an enormous hassle, and didn't really make the game any more "fun".

--Zero

You've obviously never played Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Untouchable in terms of sheer VOLUME of unlockable shit.  I believe there are at least 676 unlockable items in MKDA.

there are 676 COFFINS but not all of them had unlockables. About 60 of them are more kredits and another 30 or so have nothing in them, but there are still a LOT of unlockables in both of the games

You've obviously never played Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Untouchable in terms of sheer VOLUME of unlockable shit.  I believe there are at least 676 unlockable items in MKDA.

there are 676 COFFINS but not all of them had unlockables. About 60 of them are more kredits and another 30 or so have nothing in them, but there are still a LOT of unlockables in both of the games

That's true, I hadn't thought of that. And many of the unlockables are of questionable quality... although I LOVE Cooking with Scorpion. :D

I think we need to lock some of these programmers in a small room and have a nice little chat with them ( pounding my fist into my other hand as I say this..hehe)

I think programmers have gone overboard with locking up items. Sure it is nice to have some goals to shoot for but sometimes it just means having to do tedious tasks over and over just to see something new and after a while, the game seems more like work and less like fun.

I think we need to lock some of these programmers in a small room and have a nice little chat with them ( pounding my fist into my other hand as I say this..hehe)

I think programmers have gone overboard with locking up items. Sure it is nice to have some goals to shoot for but sometimes it just means having to do tedious tasks over and over just to see something new and after a while, the game seems more like work and less like fun.

that definity holds true for shitty games tho - But to me Soul Calibur doesnt get boring at all - theres so many moves and combos and shit to fuck around with and its justa fun game to play - so i dont mind unlockin everything :) -

While I enjoy games, sometimes it just seems more trouble than it is worth. Some games require you to complete an entire game just to add a tiny feature that would otherwise be locked.

I prefer the method that was used with Activision Anthology where there are secrets to unlock but the challenges are at least reasonably possible.