IGNORED

Love for Dead Island

moycon

I love Dead Island. There I said it. When I first heard of the game, my first thought was sounds like Left 4 Dead, and why do we need another 4 player co-op zombie game?

Then the game came out and I was hooked from the get-go. 4 Player co-op but in a VERY open world, unlike L4D which was cool in it's own right, but very linear. I though it was amazing you could be on one side of this huge, gorgeous island and your friend could be miles away each of you doing your thing. 

I'm still playing the first game (the remastered version now on Xbox X) and I'm like level 54. It reminds me of a bad B-movie from the 80s. Bad acting, silly scenarios, it's just fun. I'm addicted to it I think. Anyone else like this game? Or if you think it sucks, why?

I saw there was a sequel that FINALLY released after years of delay. I'll get it eventually when the price is right. I've heard it's pretty much more of the same with updated graphic, and honestly that sounds good to me. 

Love dead islamd, pretty much for all the reasons you mentioned. Dying light for PlayStation fits largely in the same boat too. I'm sure there are some differences besides platform they are on, but off the top of my head I can't say what they are.

Great game I'd recommend to anybody that loves zombie genre, and a lot more fun than the zombie mode that's been added to so many fps games over the years (those are just zombie themed protect the base levels)

I played the original Dead Island a lot co-op with my brother, and I have fond memories of this.

My only gripe with the game is that after some time you'll understand the limitations of the engine (eg. it cannot spawn more than X zombies) and the feeling of threat kind of disappears. Still loads of fun!