IGNORED

how rare is flag capture picture label?

alterdimension

Well, I have a picture label Flag Capture that I found in the wild at some point, but I don't have it in hand so can't say if it's 1986. Is it the year that makes it special or are all the picture labels from 1986? Since I never found another, I'd say it's rare-ish but definitely not in the single digit number of copies range. A quick ebay check shows 4 or 5 picture label carts sold recently, but it also shows someone selling that label as a "replacement" so who knows how many are legit.

On 6/17/2023 at 10:10 PM, jeremiahjt said:

The only picture label NTSC cartridges are Atari Corp. rereleases. Not very many were made, but it was in the thousands. The Atari Corp. sales data that Curt Vendel found and released quite a few years ago had the exact amount of cartridges produced.

For most intents and purposes, this is true. NTSC Flag Capture in standard Atari Inc. picture label format (immediately identifiable by green text and 1978 copyright date) also exists but is crazy rare. To my recollection only a handful have ever surfaced, and I don't think it was even known to exist until 2006.

The Atari Corp. cartridge (yellow text, (c) 1986, HammerFat font, fat shell) is probably about an R6 these days. Might take a little patience to find, but not too tough to track down. (A CIB copy will cost you, though!)

The Atari Inc. cartridge (green text, (c) 1978, MumboSSK font, standard shell) in NTSC has got to be an R10.

• Like 1