IGNORED

HELP! We have a Qyx addiction at our house!

cvga

It started last Sunday on Father's Day. Although I've had it for a few weeks, I opened Qyx for the first to try it out. Shortly after I started playing my 24 year old daughter stopped by to surprise me for Father's Day. She saw it and started playing also which was really fun for me because she would sometimes play the Atari when she was younger (her favorite game is Kaboom but there's a classic thread about a game of Seawolf (see below) from when she was 5 years old). Anyhow, we played Qyx for over 2 hours and had a great time. Monday night my 17 year old had 2 friends spend the night and one of them asked about the Atari hooked up in the family room. It had Qyx in it so I showed them how to play. Eventually I went to bed but they stayed up until about 3 a.m. playing that one game. We have a savekey plugged in to save our high scores. When I woke up in the morning, my and my daughter's high scores had been beaten. I played Tuesday night (mostly alone) and took 3 or 4 positions back on the scoreboard but when I woke up this morning (Wednesday) I noticed the TV was still on so I knew my 17 year old must have played more after I went to bed. Sure enough, he recaptured the top score (with about 269,000 points). I played some tonight which lured him out of his room to come down and alternate with me. We didn't beat his high score from the prior night but tried a bunch of strategies. What a great game! We've had 4 solid nights of pure fun with it from 5 different people playing. Not only is it an awesome game but has flooded me with great memories of being young and playing with my family/friends or being a younger parent and playing with my children. I guess I only needed Qyx instead of an Amico to bring people back together playing in the same room. We are really enjoying this game!

Now if I can only talk my wife into at least trying it :)

• Like 11