IGNORED

Attack of the Timelord! remake

Hi guys! Odissey was the first videogame I ever played when I was a child, I remember how it was yesterday the first game I played: K C Munchkin!

Later when I started to learn C programming I made a remake of my favorite game, Attack of the timelord! But this first remake was somewhat limited, I didn't have much skills at the time and made it with no sound and other limitations.

Some time ago I was studying x86_64 Assembly and thought, man it's so easier than ancient Assemblys, I could easily make large programs with this! So I decided to test this thesis, and make a second remake of Attack of the timelord, 100% x86_64 Assembly!

28 years after my first remake, my skills was very sharpened and I could deliver a much more polished game. I've added some graphics but it remains very true to the original. I've also added a boss in the 20th stage (the Timelord himself).

The game is available here: https://rodrigo-robles.itch.io/trevaskas-ii

TREVASKAS-II.thumb.png.b504c470bf7f5d0bbc2c01e0b2a25816.png

Twitter launch here: 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I missed a bunch of new threads last summer, so sorry for the late reply.  To get this to run on CentOS 9 Stream I had to install the freealut and freeglut packages.  I got freealut by downloading the EL7 RPM from
    https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/freealut/freealut/index.html
freeglut was available in a built-in Repositories

dnf install ~/Downloads/freealut-1.1.0-21.el7.x86_64.rpm
dnf install freeglut

It's been a couple decades since I looked at any assembly, I assumed it'd only get more complicated the more instructions you have.  Very cool little game.  I tried to pay you on itch.io, but it says you're not accepting PayPal.  Definitely the best Linux x86_64 assembly Odyssey port I've ever played!

• Like 1